• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holbrook Sportsman Club

I am looking into joining Holbrook Sportsman Club. It seems like an awesome club. I would love to be able to check it out before I join, but I couldn't get through their telephone number. I also drove by and tried to poke my head in, since I live so close, but no luck. I read on the website I have to attend a meeting on the 1st or 3rd Monday of a month at 630pm, but I am a nurse and always work Mondays from 7a-7p. Is there anyway around this, or to come late to a meeting? Any help would be appreciated. Also if there is another club near Hanover that you guys think is a better club I would love to hear about it. Thanks.

Hanson looks pretty similar. Hanson has an indoor range also? I just printed out the application for Hanson. So I mail it with a check, then I come on a Sunday to be voted in? Could I just come on this Sunday or is something that has to be arranged?

Hanson looks pretty similar. Hanson has an indoor range also? I just printed out the application for Hanson. So I mail it with a check, then I come on a Sunday to be voted in? Could I just come on this Sunday or is something that has to be arranged?

Pretty sure you can more or less just show up to any of the Sunday Breakfasts, there will be a club rep or two around, introduce yourself and Im sure one of them will be able to help you out.

You can always go to the clubs with open to public events like trap , bullseye, CMP or weekend breakfast. There's usually always someone to talk to about memberships.
Being a nurse and having trouble getting to the meetings is something I'm sure they will work with you on.
Hanson Sunday mornings 8-11 there is usually a board member or 2 there to give you info and take your application.
Pembroke also...
Holbrook is a nice club too ......but If you are in Hanover it can be a shitty drive over if you hit traffic. Pembroke is just of rt53
Hanson is quick to get to also cutting through Hanover.
I can get to Hanson from over near the votech high school in about 12min. Pembroke about 17min.

Aright. I will stop by this Sunday to check it out and hopefully start the membership process. How long does it usually take before I can begin shooting there?

Swing by Old Colony in Pembroke. Great outdoor rifle, pistol, shot gun, blackpowder, and IDPA. Indoor range is out of comission tho. Just west of Rt 53, behind the old Bobby Hacketts.
Safety lecture required, the day before the members meeting which is always the first Monday of the month.

I am looking into joining Holbrook Sportsman Club. It seems like an awesome club. I would love to be able to check it out before I join, but I couldn't get through their telephone number. I also drove by and tried to poke my head in, since I live so close, but no luck. I read on the website I have to attend a meeting on the 1st or 3rd Monday of a month at 630pm, but I am a nurse and always work Mondays from 7a-7p. Is there anyway around this, or to come late to a meeting? Any help would be appreciated. Also if there is another club near Hanover that you guys think is a better club I would love to hear about it. Thanks.

When I lived in Ma. I was a member and really liked the club. I would say make the effort to get in. There were some nice folks there. I would shoot a lot on weekdays and have the place to myself.

You can participate in work parties to get your signatures.
Also the gate is open Sunday's for people to check out.

This. I actually enjoyed the work parties and had fun helping out. I got all my sigs in about 4 weeks time and then had free run of the place. They were always spending time and money making improvements too. Good club, at least when I was there, moved to NH about 4 years ago now.

Check out a number of clubs in your area. Make sure that the joining requirements can mesh with your work schedule and choose the club that makes the most sense for you.

Back
Top Bottom