• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holbrook .22 shoots- dates

Copy and paste from an e-mail I got

The following are the dates for the Egg shoots at Holbrook Sportsmens Club for the 2021 season.

4/24/2021 100 yards, Steel Eggs

5/22/2021 100 yards, Pops, Eggs & Dumb Dumbs

6/26/2021 100 yards, Steel Eggs

7/24/2021 50 yard Benchrest targets

8/28/2021 TBD

9/25/2021 TBD

10/23/2021 TBD

11/27/2021 TBD

All Matches will be shot in squadded relays and will be filled on a first come first serve basis. Each squad will have 10 shooters start times will be 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30, please email me ( [email protected] ) if you plan to attend, walk-on’s are welcome and will fill in any open slot’s. All current Covid-19 protocols will be enforce during our events. More information will be sent prior to the event dates.

Hope to see you all at the matches this year, bring a friend and help grow the sport!

Got this in an e-mail
Feel free to e-mail Mike, he's a good guy.

May 22, 2021 starting at 12:30 PM

The May egg shoot is a go, we will be shooting steel eggs, tootsie pops and dumb dumbs at 100 yards, this is a .22 LR rimfire only event, any .22 LR rifle will work, scopes help but are not required, keep in mind though eggs and pops are small at 100 yards. Bi-pods, bags, blocks for front rest and rear rests are allowed, no one piece rests. We will have sport and match classes and custom for those who want to use varmint type adjustable front rests or custom rifles, if you are unsure of your class we will assist you.​

All Matches will be shot in squads and will be filled on a first come first serve basis. Each squad will have 8 shooters start times will be 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30 and 3:30 if needed, please email me if you plan to attend, walk-on’s are welcome and will fill any open slot’s. All current Covid-19 protocols will be enforce during our events.

Hope to see you all at the matches this year, bring a friend and help grow the sport!

Cost is $10:00 per shooter per relay.

NOTE: RELAY ONE HAS BEEN FILLED

Email me at [email protected] to reserve your spot.

copy and paste from an e-mail this morning-

Holbrook Sportsmen’s Club Egg Shoot​

June 26, 2021 starting at 12:30 PM​

The June egg shoot is a go, we will be shooting steel eggs at 100 yards with an added bonus of 5 lollypops. This is a .22 LR rimfire only event, any .22 LR rifle will work, scopes help but are not required, keep in mind though eggs are small at 100 yards. Bi-pods, bags, blocks for front rest and rear rests are allowed, no one piece rests. We will have sport and match classes and custom for those who want to use varmint type adjustable front rests or custom rifles, if you are unsure of your class, we will assist you.

All Matches will be shot in squads and will be filled on a first come first serve basis. Each squad will have 8 shooters start times will be 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30 and 3:30 if needed, please email me if you plan to attend, walk-ons are welcome and will fill any open slots.

Hope to see you all at the match, bring a friend and help grow the sport!

Cost is $10:00 per shooter per relay.

NOTE: RELAY ONE HAS BEEN FILLED

To reserve your spot please email me at [email protected]

Thank you in advance,

Mike Long

Copy and paste of an e-mail-

All,

The next Holbrook Egg Shoot is Saturday 7/24/2021, start time will be 12:30, registration will start at 11:00, targets will be IR 50/50.

Shooting will be done from a seated bench position.

IR 50/50 match consists of shooting 25 targets at 50 yds (or meters on other ranges) from a bench using a scoped rimfire rifle and a bi-pod or rest. The target is a standard USRA-IR50/50 target with 25 targets for score and sighting targets. One shot per target is allowed with unlimited shots on the sighting targets. 250 points and 25x’s maximum score. The course of fire is completed within 30 mins. Typically, a match consists of 3 relays each shooting a different class of rimfire rifle; however, at the HSC match you will shoot one relay with the same rifle. Wind flags are permitted. The match director’s rules apply for this match. Official rules can be found at Rules we will not be using them though.

Classes: Sporter, Match and Custom – unlimited scope power, any front rest that has adjustable elevation and windage will shoot in custom class no matter what rifle they use. No one piece rests allowed.

What to bring: Sighted in at 50 yds scoped rimfire rifle with a bipod and rear rest, sand bags/rests, wind flags (if desired), 50 rounds .22LR minimum per relay, we encourage you to shoot more than one relay cost is $10.00 per relay.

All range rules will be enforced, eye protection and hearing protection must be worn at all times while on the firing line there will be no exceptions.

Please email me if you plan to attend the event, I will assign relays on a first come first serve basis, each relay will be for eight shooters. [email protected]

This is a .22 LR Rimfire only event Start time is 12:30 relays will be on the hour; cost is $10.00 per relay.

Please pass this email along to member of your club that might be interested in this event.

Date: Saturday 07/24/2021​

Back
Top Bottom