• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hog hunting

So I went on a hog hunt down in PA, and we didn't get anything. We were told that the land had a pig problem, but that wasn't the case. SO, now that we are all hopped up on killing some bacon I was wondering if anyone knew a person who needed some pigs killed. Distance isn't a problem we'd drive/fly.

I understand Texas has a hog issue, big time. You might call or write their dept. of agriculture for info. I guess their problem is outta hand, a small band of hogs really tear up crop fields in a short time.

Just because you didn't get anything doesn't mean they aren't there. Did you see any hog sign? Any rooting? What do the locals say about them? If there are hogs around, the locals will know.

I understand Texas has a hog issue, big time. You might call or write their dept. of agriculture for info. I guess their problem is outta hand, a small band of hogs really tear up crop fields in a short time.

I remember reading something about how they need to kill 80% of the hogs each year just to keep the population numbers the same. That is a lot of ****ing bacon!

The "Moonshiners" on cable always seem to be on the lookout for wild hogs

The good thing about pigs is that if they are in the area it is pretty easy to find sign, the root the shit out of everything. I have lived on the east coast for the last 6 years and have been jonesing something terrible for a hog hunt and haven't been able to find one that wasn't a 12 hour drive or a high fenced ranch (which I have no interest in). Good luck with your quest for a hog. They are by far my favorite game to hunt, especially with a bow. Smart critters, a phenomenal nose but weak eye sight. Great animals to stalk with a bow since they aren't usually as alert as a deer which always has it's head on a swivel.

My buddy is going to NC next week to try to get some. Took him out to zero his rifle today. I am absurdly jealous.

Checkout hillside ranch in Aurora Maine- I'm going up there with my SKS this weekend, will let you know. Got one last year at the Skinner Bog Ranch in Dixmont, ME. last year with an M1 Garand, though he may now have shut down...

My buddy is going to NC next week to try to get some. Took him out to zero his rifle today. I am absurdly jealous.

Checkout hillside ranch in Aurora Maine- I'm going up there with my SKS this weekend, will let you know. Got one last year at the Skinner Bog Ranch in Dixmont, ME. last year with an M1 Garand, though he may now have shut down...

I'd love to hear your report when you are done with them. I am still looking for a hog "hunt" to take my 6 year old on with me. Most of these places aren't what I would call a hunt but that's a different discussion. Looking forward to your report.

So I went on a hog hunt down in PA, and we didn't get anything. We were told that the land had a pig problem, but that wasn't the case. SO, now that we are all hopped up on killing some bacon I was wondering if anyone knew a person who needed some pigs killed. Distance isn't a problem we'd drive/fly.

If you want to kill some bacon, you should find a farm, the wild pigs I have eaten were quite lean :D

If you want to kill some bacon, you should find a farm, the wild pigs I have eaten were quite lean :D

I've taken 2 Russian Boar, 1 boar, 1 sow, both in the 200 pound range. BOTH were excellent eating, and the boar actually had better flavor than the sow. The meat has NOTHING in common with domestic pork (flavor, color, texture) much closer to fine beef. Russian Boar is NOT the other white meat!

Try around Dell City, TX. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. Pull up the TX hog map. All of West Texas is RED (over populated).

Sent from the depths of Hell with TapaTalk V2

hog hunt

Well, last year it took 10 hrs to get mine, 500 acres of possible ground to cover, so I don't feel too guilty. Aurora ME. ranch is 800 acres...Hope I see one !

Hog hunting only with a spear and a knife I hope.....opps that's only Wild Boar....Hogs are AR's and low flying Helo's....Carry on!

I booked a hunt with Hillside last year. 2 days before the hunt they called and canceled on me. Wasn't too happy about that so I am hesitant to try them again.

Georgia. When I was at benning at the ranges we always got the speech about not shooting wildlife. When it can to hogs it was shoot on site. Georgia seems to be hog heaven.

NH has a small population of hogs that escaped from hunting preserve. NY has a wild population of hogs and they are reported in Conn too . Next 10 years they will be in all the lower 48 states.

Back
Top Bottom