Hog Hunt with my Boy

JGreen

NES Member
Centrally locatated to several GREAT gun clubs
I just got back from a hog hunt in Eagle Pass, Texas. My hunting party (best friends/family) took 13 pigs, 1 ram and a rattlesnake. Best of all, I was with my 13 year old son. He rocked! Ethically killed 2 pigs( dropped them dead) and truly appreciated the experience.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1645.jpg
    IMG_1645.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 208
Private land or booked through a lodge? My neighbor and I want to go hunt some hogs. Around here most charge by the number of hogs you harvest which strikes me odd for a distructive species.

If you booked with a lodge could you share who you booked with?

Private land or booked through a lodge? My neighbor and I want to go hunt some hogs. Around here most charge by the number of hogs you harvest which strikes me odd for a distructive species.

If you booked with a lodge could you share who you booked with?

Four Amigos Ranch outside of Eagle Pass, TX

I was the high bidder at a Whitetails Unlimited Banquet.

Looks awesome - my FiL and son are going to https://www.tiogaboarhunting.com/ the end of next month with me. I am not hunting, I plan on shooting video on it. My FiL has a pig on his bucket list and my son asked to come; it should be a blast.

My FiL has a Remington 760 in 308 and my son is looking to put his first notch in the Ruger Scout Left Handed 308. Simple meat hunts - 150lbs or less - arrive Friday, depart Sunday.

Been talking about going on a hog hunt in Tx with my Dad recently. What calibers are good for hogs? Would .300 Win Mag be too much? Would 6.5 Jap not be enough? Don't know if I really want to buy a rifle that I may not use that often.

I just got back from a hog hunt in Eagle Pass, Texas. My hunting party (best friends/family) took 13 pigs, 1 ram and a rattlesnake. Best of all, I was with my 13 year old son. He rocked! Ethically killed 2 pigs( dropped them dead) and truly appreciated the experience.this web have talk about my rifle

Nice, He will remember this time. Awesome time.

Back
Top Bottom