hodgdon H4895 reduced loads

mac1911

NES Member
www.hodgdon.com/PDF/H4895 Reduced Rifle Loads.pdf

I finally got around to testing some reduced loads per hodgdon data and guide. Looking for a reduced load for my 1903a3

HXP surplus case 30-06
31 grains H4895 PER HODGDON FORMULA
150 grain fmjbt
CCI 34 primer
I had to much going on to do any crony testing but I'm figureing these where in the 2000fps range. Although still powerful no where near as punishing as full loads. As for accuracy. Shooting prone slinged up with shooting coat. I shot 10 rounds 100 yards SR1 target. Nice little sub 3"cluster a little low and right 3x, 5/10s last 2 rounds where shot by my friend and he shot 2 9s low at 6oc....I will take that any day from a round I have not worked on. Off the rest I'm sure this round could hold sub 2"...
My end goal is to have a light load that new young shooters can shoot with out the punishment. I ran out of ammo before 2 kids came to the range. They where all googly eyed over the a3. I guess its one of their favorite sniper guns in a video game. Instead I let them blast my mosin nagant cast boolit silly light loads...these are a whopping 1500 fps(this is different load data all together Lyman cast hand book)...I had them shoot prone off a sand bag and both shot sub 4" groups....that's good for this mosin and these loads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom