• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK P7 availability?

My suggestion is if you can find one, grab it. No doubt you will get ripped off and will pay too much..
But it is a gun that you will never sell and probably easily get your money back, should you decide to sell..5-10 years from now you'll probably laugh at little you paid for it vs present market and never regret it..
They are that good..

Ouch, sad part is hearing about the $499 ones online from a vendor that cannot ship them to MA. I still remember before unification and the german dollar crashing that they were expensive pistols then.

Remarkable little pistol when I shot it, truly enjoyed it.

Ouch, sad part is hearing about the $499 ones online from a vendor that cannot ship them to MA.
Would you mind sharing this info either here or by PM? At the time they imported the last German police trade ins, the cheapest I saw in free states was about $600.

If I remember correctly, the reason that they stopped making them is that they were extremely expensive to make. A lot of engineering, a lot of parts and a lot of metal. High build cost= high sell cost.
As plastic guns came out and got less and less expensive, the p7s costs stayed the same or rose. LE and Gov buys based on cost above all else.. too much of a price delta between plastic and p7. As LE and gov stopped buying the commercial market (always an after thought at hk) did not have the volume to continue production...
I would bet HK can make 4 usps for the cost of 1 p7...

Wow, that was a steal!

I paid a little over $700 for mine in 1999, before any Lists were created and thus dealers could sell anything. Market prices on refurbs back then (mine was from NJSP) were in the $750 range. Today they fetch ~$1200 typically, if/when you can find them.

They are rare in MA, although when they do appear there are a fairly limited number of buyers. I think they are even starting to get rarer on the open market, too, at least for ones which are in excellent condition.

Expect to pay at least $1200+ if you want a factory one in good shape. (Read, not a German Border police job, etc. ) I've never seen even the beaters and PSPs go for less than $1000 in MA.

-Mike

Glad I got mine when I did - picked up a new one in '00, for I think $950. A truly unique pistol. I don't know if it's typical, but if mine had different sights I think it would make one hell of a target pistol. Lefty friendly, too!!

I guess I got a good deal on mine recently purchased at just under $700, German police, all factory finish. Does not have the plumb slide (which I hate) or the milled slide. The gun looks like it was fired very little. Has minor holster wear on the slide but is not noticable. Came with facory box, papers, manual.

I love the little gun and am considering it as my carry.

I know Zero Hour has a few that look like mint shape, as every thing they have is.

Good luck

Being a P7 fanatic (along with most all things HK), I can tell you that these pistols are worth every single solitary cent that they cost without question. I have 3 of them, with a fourth in my sights (pun intended) and they are truly amazing. As with any handgun design, there are pros and cons, but the P7 is truly unlike any other handgun in the world. They are no longer being produced, and will continue to increase in value.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom