• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK p30sk

Laura

NES Member
Just learned thru the local shop that H&K has discontinued, is discontinuing this gun. Why do you suppose that is and what do you think will replace it? I'm very surprised, I thought it was a good seller for them.

Just learned thru the local shop that H&K has discontinued, is discontinuing this gun. Why do you suppose that is and what do you think will replace it? I'm very surprised, I thought it was a good seller for them.

I think it's because the luster of DA/SA is finally starting to wear off and more and more people want striker fired guns or similar, so they're probably trying to bleed off inventory of these things before the VP9c / VP9SK or whatever it is gets released, because after that comes out, the P30 is basically done, very few people will buy them anymore.

-Mike

I would love to find another P30L just for the fact of the 4.75?"bbl. I passed on one last year and got a VP9 instead, which I love. But it was hard to swallow the $300 price difference for the P30L

Last edited:
i figured they would discontinue either the P2000sk or P30sk. assumed it would be the P2000sk. they are identical pistols, just a few asthetic differences in the frame and slide. internally identical. i'm actually sort of glad they're discontinuing the P30sk. i just hope they keep the P2000sk, as I am fanboy of the P2000 line in general.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to find another P30L just for the fact of the 4.75?"bbl. I passed on one last year and got a VP9 instead, which I love. But it was hard to swallow the $300 price difference for the P30L

to me the P30L is far more of a gun than a VP9. i sold the VP9. can't bring myself to sell the P30.

That stinks, the P30SK looked to be one of the few ambi-friendly compact hammer-fired choices.

I think it's because the luster of DA/SA is finally starting to wear off and more and more people want striker fired guns or similar, so they're probably trying to bleed off inventory of these things before the VP9c / VP9SK or whatever it is gets released, because after that comes out, the P30 is basically done, very few people will buy them anymore.

-Mike

The P30sk can be had in the LEM double action only config with bobbed hammer, so it's not necessarily a SA/DA only pistol. In fact, that's the config I would like to get as I have the same on my P30L.

Has this been independently confirmed?

I don't know if it's official but my shop wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't in the wind. I do see that's it's still on the H&K web page and I don't think it's been out more than year so I'll be stunned if it's true.

I don't know if it's official but my shop wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't in the wind. I do see that's it's still on the H&K web page and I don't think it's been out more than year so I'll be stunned if it's true.

It seems weird considering it has been out for such a short time. I could see if they were discontinuing the P2000sk. And in fact, there has been talk about that for a while. In fact, the P2000sk has not appeared on the German HK website for a while, though it still does appear on the US site so who knows.

Nothing about this on HKPro, I think the shop is mistaken.

I hearing from guys at SHOT Show (one of whom stopped to check for me) the Hk booth has a ton of P30sk (seemed to him like their pushing them) but no VP9sk.

So I suspect that the shop might have had bad information.

I heard rumor of a G19-sized VP9k as well as VP9sk. That'd be my second preference behind a single stack, which I think is unlikely. VP45 would be interesting but I just don't need many full size handguns.

The P30sk can be had in the LEM double action only config with bobbed hammer, so it's not necessarily a SA/DA only pistol. In fact, that's the config I would like to get as I have the same on my P30L.

I know that but most people don't buy it that way. I really wish the LEM reset distance was cut down, it would be a lot more viable if the reset wasn't so damn long, it feels like you have to let the trigger about halfway out before it resets. Otherwise I'd probably still be carrying the P2000 LEM .40 I had from years ago. That was a great gun.

-Mike

it's funny how people are either LEM fans or not. i gave the LEM a thorough try on my USP 9 and an HK45c. at least on those models the DA/SA <-> LEM can be swapped back and forth. my only real gripe with the P30 is that the swap cannot be swapped by owner but has to be from factory.

my brain just could never get comfortable with the LEM. the light yet long pull just played tricks on my head. i am so accustomed to a DA/SA or a striker gun that I can interchange between them fairly easily. with the LEM I found it very difficult to swap back and forth from an LEM -> DA/SA -> striker and back to LEM. probably if I only shot LEM I could get just fine with it, but i'm not willing to give up DA/SA or striker guns. i am not a reset shooter. i was taught to press each shot. I think this was part of my issue with the LEM. i ended up wasting all sorts of time with trigger movement that was unnecessary. perhaps if only shooting by reset it would be better, but i'm pretty sure in a defensive situation my brain is not going to be looking for a reset.

Last edited:
I know that but most people don't buy it that way. I really wish the LEM reset distance was cut down, it would be a lot more viable if the reset wasn't so damn long, it feels like you have to let the trigger about halfway out before it resets. Otherwise I'd probably still be carrying the P2000 LEM .40 I had from years ago. That was a great gun.

-Mike

Yeah, the reset is long. I have been shooting IDPA with mine and it slows you down a bit. Grayguns does a reset reduction on them but it's a kick in the nuts to spend another almost $400 on a $900 pistol.

I can't imagine this to be accurate. I may be misinformed but I read somewhere that they just released a v4 version of the p30sk. Also the vp45 and a couple other guns where also announced but nothing compact for 2017. Maybe one variant of the p30sk in getting discontinued but I doubt the gun in total

I saw that yesterday too. it looks like there are a whole new group of VP9 variants coming out. it's going to hard to choose which one(s) to get. I'm impressed they are going with both paddle and button safety release options. I just hope these make it on the list.

PS it shows the P30SK as options still.

Back
Top Bottom