HK P30SK Extended mag release?

Anyone know of a extended mag release for the P30/ SK? The only one I could find for USP/P2000 says it doesn't fit the P30's. I don't have small hands but find I either have to turn the weapon slightly sideways (I would obviously prefer to stay on target) or use my index finger which I absolutely refuse to do. I could easily see something bad happening in the "heat of the moment" poking at a lever with your bugger hook. I love the gun and it shoots like a dream my only complaint would be the mag release. I have seen similar comments from other people.

It wasnt designed for thumb use. The german paddle system is indended for trigger or middle finger use. I use the latter. It works excllent. Faster than thumb. Its simple training issue. Even my wife can run an HK like a beast. Simple.

I primarily shoot HK and Walther because of the paddle. Trigger finger always. I've never thought of it as dangerous, fast yes.

I hadn't realized that was intended use... Learn something new every day. Been shooting a long time too and never heard that before. Maybe it just seams wrong because of using the standard mag release for so long. Just seams like it would be relatively easy to "fat finger" it and inadvertently pull the trigger but I guess you shouldn't be carrying something you haven't put enough ammo through to be comfortable with.

I hadn't realized that was intended use... Learn something new every day. Been shooting a long time too and never heard that before. Maybe it just seams wrong because of using the standard mag release for so long. Just seams like it would be relatively easy to "fat finger" it and inadvertently pull the trigger but I guess you shouldn't be carrying something you haven't put enough ammo through to be comfortable with.

try using your R middle finger to drop the mag. do some practice with quick mag changes and i'm willing to make friendly bet that you end up digging it.

another minor advantage of this system is allows one to swap the backstrap or side panels without affecting ability to reach the thumb release. this is a common issue with typical thumb mag release. for example with my old M&P I preferred the feel of large backstrap but then had to shift my grip to reach mag release. i ended up having to run the small backstrap because it allowed me to reach mag release most easily. for some reason on a glock i have no issue.

with the P30 series i end up running small backstrap and large side straps. makes the grip a nice chunker feels great to me.

Did some dry fire/ practice and put 50rds through it after work and it feels a little better. Trying to decide which finget feels more natural. I can see how it could be a little faster this way after some practice. Thanks for the help!

[rockon]

Back
Top Bottom