HK P30?

I responded to a members 1 year post the other day and he had a few nice HK's. One of the guns I would really like to get before the year's end is an HK. I know i have seen the P2000's and the USP's (both 9mm and .40S&W) around quite a bit. I would really like to find a P30 though.

I got the opportunity to shoot a friends P30 and it was really nice but they lived in VT. I liked that gun a lot though. It was actually the first HK i had handled and gotten the chance to fire. I was curious if anyone has or knows of anyone with a P30 they have been able to obtain in MA. I know its going to be a hard gun to find, and will fetch a premium price as with all non-compliant handguns in MA. I can't honestly say I have seen one for sale even in the classifieds here and I usually browse it daily.

Anyone?

Last edited:
The biggest problem at the moment is the lack of a 10-round magazines for the P30. H&K can barely make enough normal capacity magazines for the P30, let alone 10-rounders.

And from what I can gather, the magazines are like lengthened P2000/USPc magazines. Because the grip is longer on the P30, cripple mags from those other models won't work. Likewise, the mags from the full-size USP won't fit either.

ETA: A little more searching shows that there seems to be some out there, but you may need to call H&K to order them directly. If all else fails, import the mags from Canada.

And to answer your question, no I've never seen a P30 in this state. Though I too would love to get my hands on one. I just hate the idea of having to use cripple mags to begin with.

Last edited:
Yeah, i figured 10-rd mags would be a problem. I don't really like the idea of buying a full size gun only being able to use 10-rd mags but it is an HK so I think the quality of the gun and the gun itself would still make it worth it. I won't buy M&P's or the SR9 for this reason though.

I can vouch for the USP 40 Compact. A year of riding ATV's in the desert, the gun would fire and cycle at least a few rounds after several days of riding. I did some testing to find out when the gun would become hard to shoot, took about 3 days, so I cleaned it every 3 days from that point on. I shot an IDPA course after riding all day. I got a lot of strange looks from the rangemaster, but after telling him I cleaned the gun the day before and came straight from work, he let me shoot. Gun fired flawlessly through 4 courses, mags never gummed up. HnK had a new fan at the end of the day :p.

Contrast to a Baretta 96D, after one day the gun would only fire the round in the chamber. Sometimes I could tap and rack to get off a few before the gun just jammed up.

Arizona desert sand is like talcum powder, gets into everything. I used pencil lead to lubricate parts (graphite) since any kind of oil would make the gun look like it was frozen in ice crystals by the end of the day.

My comments are kind of off topic, but I have nothing bad to say about the HnK product I use on the line. Now if I could only carry the .45 version, I'd be so much the happier.

Back
Top Bottom