• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK P30 Vs. S&W M&P9

I'm making the jump from .45 to 9mm after coming to the realization that I simply shoot better with 9mm. The extra rounds are a plus.

So far I've narrowed it down to these two handguns, and I'm looking for some reviews, experiences, likes/dislikes, things I should be aware of before I jump in and buy one. I can't afford both. This will be my carry gun.

I'm just looking for as much input as possible, and will hopefully be making a purchase by the end of this week.

I'm currently running an HK45 and my wife runs an M&P9.

Thanks in advance guys.

back stage passes to the Falco reunion tour.

seriously, though... you could probably trade your HK45 straight up at Rileys for an M&P and get ammo, holster, targets to boot. i saw a P30 there today going for $900. i got $700 on the HK45 i traded there a while back.

You sound like my wife.

I believe the HK lie are overpriced for what they provide. In 9mm I have used the S&W M&P9, Glock 17, S&W 99, S&W 5906, PO18-9, SA 1911 and S&W 952. I prefer the ergonomics of the S&W M&P9 or S&W99 for a full sized 9mm. Personally I carry a Kahr PM-9 in a pocket holster with me virtually everywhere.

The M+P is going to have a better bore axis (lower) will probably cost 20% less, and will be easier to get it serviced if it ever breaks.

I like HKs but if "value" is an issue to you, the M+P will win hands down.

There's also the issue of trigger systems... and what you prefer. The M+P is always going to be "assisted DAO with short reset" and the HK can likely be a couple of
things (LEM and DA/SA) but either will be nothing like the M+P's trigger system.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom