• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK P30 / L

Artifact

NES Member
In case you considering one, fine fine weapons, well the finest.

4B4A3215_HDR_zps2bddf84f.jpg

4B4A3211_HDR_zpsfe6078fb.jpg

4B4A3216_HDR_zpscd5097e1.jpg

I bought a p30l from Four Seasons great place. I also have the Usp 40 love it too. Shot 250 rounds with the P30L today. Super accurate and easy to shoot. Great sights and feels great in the hand. Get one if you can find them.

I've got a HK P30S and it fits my hand better than any other handgun out there that I've held. The changeable backstraps and sides really let you customize it.

OK, ill be that guy to offer the counter point.

I have one. Its very well built, well put together, fit and finsih are great. The ergonomics are top notch; fits very well in the hand, the grip texture is great. Never had a failure of any kind. M&P is nowhere near the quality, I think the P30 beats out Glocks in overall quality, never handled an XD.

Now, the trigger. Horrible. Simply horrible. Horrible in a cheap gun, really upsetting at this price point - even for a DA/SA trigger set-up. I dont expect it to behave and feel like a 1911, but still. Trigger pull is long (even in SA, a good bit of movement and take up is felt), a little heavy for my taste but fine for duty gun, a little gritty, and a ton of reset. A ton of reset.

That said, I shoot it often enough, but not as well as my other polymer 9mm guns. The USP, as an example, I shoot much better - even before I put in the match trigger kit - FYI - the match trigger set-up is worth the money.

OK, ill be that guy to offer the counter point.

I have one. Its very well built, well put together, fit and finsih are great. The ergonomics are top notch; fits very well in the hand, the grip texture is great. Never had a failure of any kind. M&P is nowhere near the quality, I think the P30 beats out Glocks in overall quality, never handled an XD.

Now, the trigger. Horrible. Simply horrible. Horrible in a cheap gun, really upsetting at this price point - even for a DA/SA trigger set-up. I dont expect it to behave and feel like a 1911, but still. Trigger pull is long (even in SA, a good bit of movement and take up is felt), a little heavy for my taste but fine for duty gun, a little gritty, and a ton of reset. A ton of reset.

That said, I shoot it often enough, but not as well as my other polymer 9mm guns. The USP, as an example, I shoot much better - even before I put in the match trigger kit - FYI - the match trigger set-up is worth the money.

I have an HK45 and a P2000sk and based on those, I completely agree. I don't get why HK can't at least match SIG (or better yet CZ) in this regard.

I have an HK45 and a P2000sk and based on those, I completely agree. I don't get why HK can't at least match SIG (or better yet CZ) in this regard.

I'll second this.
Found a usp45c on consignment at first defense. Would have purchased in a heart beat but it had the heaviest, uneven DA pull I ever felt. So I passed
When I got home I went right to the safe and my P226 and knew I made the right decision to pass. My p226 has a fantastic, smooth, even DA. Couldn't believe how bad the hk was.

I have a USP 45c. The DA trigger requires 2 men and a come-along to pull. The SA trigger is OK at best. The only saving grace is that it can be carried cocked and locked.

Possible trigger issues aside, I believe it is one of the best looking guns ever. So, I will have to own one eventually.

Somehow the P30L tricked me into buying it last week at Shooters Outpost. That LEM trigger system drew me in and forced me to pull out the credit card. Uses a hammer but acts striker-fired. And the gun is of course a work of art.

After picking up my 45c in the recent group buy it just enhances my want for a P30. The trigger leaves something to be desired but the rest is just pure sexy. Only problem is that all I can ever find in MA at non FR prices is the P30l which I don't want.

After picking up my 45c in the recent group buy it just enhances my want for a P30. The trigger leaves something to be desired but the rest is just pure sexy. Only problem is that all I can ever find in MA at non FR prices is the P30l which I don't want.

North Shore has the P30 for $800. Just don't take the last one. :)

My P30 lem has bumped my USPc 357 lem as my off duty carry, at least for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom