• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK no longer selling in US

GeorgeMason

NES Member
Saw this a couple minutes ago on an HK forum. I hope it's fake...

Attachments

• 2CEBA554-7C49-4E9B-B61A-0F3BDD5A7D47-204-0000002C601D47D7.jpg
    2CEBA554-7C49-4E9B-B61A-0F3BDD5A7D47-204-0000002C601D47D7.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 385
The picture looks altered, and I can't imagine they'd stop selling into what has to be their largest market. I hope I'm right.

I was at the NRA convention last weekend and H&K were very present there. I believe this to be a dud. I talked with one of the reps and he said they had a few new pistol designs in the works that were slated to drop the end of this year. No indication from him of stopping any U.S sales at all

I was at the NRA convention last weekend and H&K were very present there. I believe this to be a dud. I talked with one of the reps and he said they had a few new pistol designs in the works that were slated to drop the end of this year. No indication from him of stopping any U.S sales at all

I saw figures saying up to 40% of their sales are to the US civilian markets. It would be corporate suicide for them to do this. Definitely bullshit.

Domain name: heckler-und-koch.com
Registry Domain ID: 2090140148_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2017-01-14T21:47:35.00Z
Creation Date: 2017-01-14T21:46:02.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-01-14T21:46:02.00Z
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
Registrar IANA ID: 1068
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6613102107
Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC

Good eye on the details guys. Pretty good photoshop job with a lot of effort being put in with the fake website. I wonder if it's an anti 2a group looking to social engineer/data mine...

The phone number in the letter is also bogus. Wonder what the point of this was.

Pump and dump?

There's always an idiot who will believe it, and run out and spend $2K on a $500 gun before their brain catches up. Shit if GB reacts I might dump a few of mine.

Not very well thought out given the fire sale that it'd trigger for HK products. I myself was about to go grab a p30 on my way home.
I was thinking just along the lines of them trying to obtain sensitive data in regards to sales and volume for their own nefarious gains. I myself would have for sure gone down to my LGS and swiped my card for a USP this afternoon if true.

This might be an false offshoot for H&K stopping military sales to non-NATO countries per German law.

German weapons manufacturer Heckler & Koch will no longer sell to non-NATO nations because Berlin has made it too difficult to obtain contracts, especially in the Middle East, according to DPA News Agency. The arms company made the announcement Monday.

Lengthy restrictions imposed by the German government on arms sales abroad have led to serious profit falls for Heckler & Koch, one of the world's largest weapons manufacturers. The company saw a 90 percent decline in profits last year, exacerbated by Berlin's blocking of a major sale of G36 assault rifle parts to Saudi Arabia over human rights concerns in the Gulf kingdom. The deal had been previously approved in 2008, but Germany later toughened its already strict regulations on arms sales to foreign countries.

Heckler & Koch said it will now only sell to countries considered to be free and democratic, including all NATO nations except for Turkey. Other clients such as Brazil, India and Mexico would also be ruled out. The company was criticized last year after German media reports revealed that the arms manufacturer had illegally delivered around 9,472 G36 assault rifles to Mexico between 2003 and 2011. Heckler & Koch weapons are used globally and the G36 assault rifle, in particular, can be found in the hands of armies worldwide, including U.S. special forces.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nato-weapons...n-treaty-countries-after-tough-german-2452168

I am a direct dealer with H&K and also got the leader in the mail today, it is fake document. H&K is still selling firearms in the USA, whoever did this went to awful lot of work to do it. H&K is investigating it

I am a direct dealer with H&K and also got the leader in the mail today, it is fake document. H&K is still selling firearms in the USA, whoever did this went to awful lot of work to do it. H&K is investigating it

Thanks for clarifying for us. This is a little disturbing that someone's trying to scam dealers like this.

Back
Top Bottom