HK Magazine Availability

What's the deal with the piss poor availability of some HK pistol mags? I'm trying to find a couple of P30 9mm mags and haven't been able to find them anywhere. I've called my local shops and nothing. A couple of shops say they've even had people calling from around the country looking for them. Haven't been able to find any on the Internet either.

Closest I came was some dude on ebay selling 15 rounders with an installed limiter block to make them 10 rounders. However, the block is easily removable. Oh, and the price is the measly sum of $149.99 per mag.

The VP-9 is sucking up all available HK mags. That is my theory anyway. Have had some on order with Midway for 3 months. Their expected delivery date keeps sliding back a week at a time. Had I know about the availability issue, I would have bought a Sig instead.

I'm certain that it is part of H&K's marketing scheme, make the mags from "unobtainium" and therefore people will be willing to spend outrageous amounts of money for them and say "thank you"!

Every H&K mag is priced in the marketplace at least 2x its real value, but by keeping supply very tight, they can get those prices.

Back
Top Bottom