• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK Guys (LEM Trigger)

Anyone here have an HK with the LEM trigger? I'm considering getting an HK and most of the ones I have seen have a variant of the LEM trigger.

It seems to be that people either love it or hate it. Never having owned an HK I don't know. Its honestly probably something I could get used to.

My other option would be to hold out for a DA/SA variant which I'm pretty sure can be converted to an LEM trigger in the future if i wanted.

Any opinions would be appreciated. I certainly wouldn't mind hearing what others have to say before dropping $1000 on a gun.

Hk owner here. My current EDC is a Hk45c with a standard LEM. Previous gun was a Hk P2000sk with light LEM.

I am one of those LEM lovers. It just plain makes logical since to me and it works. The reset is not the shortest, but worth the nice solid consistent feel.

Now, as for the DA/SA it depends on the model. The newer P30's with the decocker on rear of slide are not officially supported to be converted. People on HkPro.com have done it. Some leave the decocking lever in to fill the hole. Some take it out.

What model are you looking at?

Currently I am looking at a P30 but also considering a P2000 or USP9c.

The P30 has been the HK I have shot. It was 2 years ago around when it was first coming around. It was a V3 DA/SA with the de-cocking lever. I think out of the box it was one of the most comfortable guns I have ever shot. It left a good impression and I have wanted an HK ever since.

The one i'm looking at is a V2 standard LEM though not the V3 DA/SA i previously fired. As for the P30's to go from a standard LEM to V4 which is the 6lb trigger is 1 spring, and i think its 2 springs to go from the standard to 4.5lb pull.

Last edited:
Yes.....LEM's can change their spring combos for different variants. If you found a P30 LEM I would jump on it. They are currently very hard to source, even in free states. There seems to be more .40's out there than 9mm.

I agree that the P30 fit is incredible. I had been looking for a 9mm LEM P30 for a while.

The only downside to Hk's are the mag costs.

It's like a Glock trigger but the first pull is longer and the reset pull is longer than it is on a Glock. Obviously the feel of the break is a bit different, but same principle more or less.

There are two weight options. With one set of springs you get about 7 pounds. Another set it's about 5 or so.

-Mike

Average price on mags looks to be about $50 but you can find them cheaper if you look around.

Depends on the model. Not all that long ago a few vendors like cals sporting armory (they don't ship "eeevil things" to MA, so I don't feel bad about posting them) were blowing out USPc .40 cripplemags for like $10 a pop or something like that. HK45/HK45c/USP45/USP45c mags are -always- going to be expensive though, no matter what.

-Mike

I was specifically looking for P30 mags only because was the current gun. I was looking for. I did find that some places sell the old or 10rd mags sell them cheap like you said. I don't get why some places won't ship the 10rd mags to MA even if you offer to supply a copy of your LTC. That's easy to get around though as long as you have friends.

I have the P2000 DA/SA and a HK45c with LEM. I wanted a LEM on the P2000 but was told by HK support that it could not be done. If anyone has any know how in making the conversion work on the P2000 please send me a PM. I love the LEM trigger on the HK45c which is my current cc. Nice crisp 4.5# pull, real nice. It is so nice and smooth it made me a little nervous at first due to its ease. The first shot is a long double pull, but not any heavier than the subsequent shots. The reset is a bit longer, about a third of the trigger travel arc. The ease and speed which you can empty a magazine is second to none. I would compare the LEM trigger to the SIG 556 trigger which I love as well. Only other triggers I like as much are the Sig X-Five, but that is a different animal all together. The other is the SIG DAK trigger on the my P229. Although I have never measured the weight of pull it feels almost double that of my LEM. It is also completely different than the LEM in that the mainspring is not compressed any more than a traditional DA/SA de-cocked. It is all about leverage on the internals. The action on the DAK is heavier even with the intermediate reset, but still smooth and slick. Anyway, to the point. You would not be sorry on a HK LEM purchase. If you found a LEM P30, grab before you do anything else. Do not pass go, go directly to your bank and pay the seller for it!! Good luck.

Oh, I bought my P2000 like new from a dealer which was actual brand new with the grease still on it. But of course listed as like new due to the transfer of the firearm into the dealer hands. It came at the time with 3 magazines, not sure if HK still does that or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom