HK Ending Mark 23, SL-8 Production

Damn, just when I was ready to buy a cartoonishly large, heavy handgun.

(naturally, I wouldn't say no to one for christmas....here's looking to you, Fooped!)

IMO HK "stopped producing" the MK23 when they got rid of the Maritime finish several years ago. The regular finish is great, but the maritime finish was just unbelievable.... a MK23 with the maritime finish was easily the best looking polymer framed handgun in existence.

Yes, it is cartoonishly large..... but it doesn't weigh any more than a typical 1911 does. It will also fire loads that would just about destroy a non-premium grade 1911 in short order. I no longer have mine, but it was "unique" to say the least.

I wish every .45 handgun had a barrel like the MK23's.... it was probably the easiest barrel to clean that I've ever encountered. You can give a moron a plastic bore brush, some patches, and some hoppes and he would be able to clean it to white glove level in a minute... it's like everything was just polished.

-Mike

Last edited:
It's never been on my list of guns to buy, but I don't like the fact that its going.

As already mentioned, the price of these will rise dramatically

This just in: Thousands of Call of Duty players found crying in their Mom's basement

Imagine if it had been the Desert Eagle...

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom