• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK Clip & Pin in MA?

Does anyone know of a gunsmith in MA who does HK trigger housing Clip & Pins? I have a PTR that I'd like to use with an HK trigger housing, but the PTR dimensions are a little off, compared to the HK dimensions. I believe Gartman Arms had a guy, but he apparently closed up shop during Covid. I might be able to do it myself, but I don't really want to ruin a $100 trigger housing experimenting with my dremel. Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks for the responses. My PTR is clearly out of HK spec. I have a HK housing already clipped and pinned that works perfect on HK's, but won't fit on the PTR (the PTR "shelf" is wider than HK spec). If I dremel the housing out, it will work on the PTR, but will probably rattle around on the HK.

Good idea to go see Greg at GFA. Haven't been there in years, but I recall he had some pretty cool full auto stuff.

Thanks for the responses. My PTR is clearly out of HK spec. I have a HK housing already clipped and pinned that works perfect on HK's, but won't fit on the PTR (the PTR "shelf" is wider than HK spec). If I dremel the housing out, it will work on the PTR, but will probably rattle around on the HK.

Good idea to go see Greg at GFA. Haven't been there in years, but I recall he had some pretty cool full auto stuff.
saxonville armory in Framingham also works on such stuff, but, i do not have any fresh info on them.

Update: I sent my trigger housing to Brad Bonhoff at Bahnhof Machine in Florida. He had a PTR in his possession and did an excellent job clipping and pinning my trigger housing. Brad apparently spent time working with Mike at TSC Machine, so I was pretty confident he would do quality work. Always good to have another H&K gunsmith around!

$100 plus $8.35 return shipping.

I hate the hassle of sending guns and gun parts out, and avoided it for years and years, but sometimes it’s the only way to get what you need done.

Dave Santurri does impeccable work. Knows his guns. I trusted him with a couple USPs and a P30 and he turned it fresh and crisp.

Dave Santurri does impeccable work. Knows his guns. I trusted him with a couple USPs and a P30 and he turned it fresh and crisp.
He did a pin & weld on my ar upper and did 2 trigger jobs on 442’s for me. The guy know his shit!

Id contact GFA arms or shooters outpost…Ask them where to go.

You could also go to the guy who does all the HK belts and builds. He’s on HK pro I believe it’s called “Michaels machines” it really depends on what you’re looking for for a lead time. I honestly don’t remember much of it I just put the pack on the gun and that’s the end of it.

I’m not sure if it’s a thing anymore but you can buy anything on HKpro.com for a while.But for the clip and pinning you’re deafly need a gunsmith listed above.
You could also ask M60 Joe.Look it up on Google it’s he’s a solid guy

Michael’s machine does do some of the best HK work around. We had a personal falling out but he does great work…..

Back
Top Bottom