• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK 45 Thumbs up or not?

you guys with concealment problems need pants with bigger pockets....lol

Are you one of the old guys with pants up to your nipples?

1123967d1488288532-old-man-pants-img_9786.jpg

as much as I love the hk new stuff, the usp will always be top of the heap. I think hk’s pinnacle with handguns was with the usp design.
Hk45 downloaded the mag to 10rds from 12rds.

I would look for a usp45 especially a tactical version which comes standard with a match trigger.

or

just go big or go home and buy a mark23 with a lam, lol

Redirect-

I got rid of my VP9 because I picked up a G19 and some prebans. I couldn’t justify keeping three polymer strikers. So, I’m considering a home defense (night stand) pistol in .45 or 10mm, 1911 or DA/SA, not interested in another striker fired gun. That all led me to the HK45 (this thread) the FNH-FNX, the Sig 220 (though 10 rds. Is more than 8) or a 10mm 1911. The last option seems to be the most expensive at well north of a grand, but for some reason 10mm speaks to me more than .45.
Am I missing something? Is there a DA/SA 10mm option eluding me? Sub $1,000 would be nice too. Opinions are obviously welcome. This thread is on it’s third go so I figure it’s fair game and still somewhat relevant as I am interested in the HK45.

Redirect-

I got rid of my VP9 because I picked up a G19 and some prebans. I couldn’t justify keeping three polymer strikers. So, I’m considering a home defense (night stand) pistol in .45 or 10mm, 1911 or DA/SA, not interested in another striker fired gun. That all led me to the HK45 (this thread) the FNH-FNX, the Sig 220 (though 10 rds. Is more than 8) or a 10mm 1911. The last option seems to be the most expensive at well north of a grand, but for some reason 10mm speaks to me more than .45.
Am I missing something? Is there a DA/SA 10mm option eluding me? Sub $1,000 would be nice too. Opinions are obviously welcome. This thread is on it’s third go so I figure it’s fair game and still somewhat relevant as I am interested in the HK45.

Lol i don't get this house gun thing. The G19 I carry now just sits under the other pillow in my mass compliant locked gun coffin bed container. Just be honest you want to buy another gun instead of trying to make up some excuse to justify it just tell us that you want to buy something LMAO. I used to do that stuff at the beginning but that quickly died off. Buy a G20/21 Gen4 and be done with it. The hk45 is a nice gun I used to own one but the guns don't point correctly for me. It is built like a brick shithouse and will never let you down though... magazines are kind of pricey especially compared to Glock mags. Grip is very comfortable though.

ETA: out of the stuff you mentioned that there aren't really a whole heck of a lot of wrong choices in the bunch it's mostly a matter of taste or what you want to shoot....

The hk45 is a nice gun I used to own one but the guns don't point correctly for me. It is built like a brick shithouse and will never let you down though... magazines are kind of pricey especially compared to Glock mags. Grip is very comfortable though.
If I run out of ammo, I plan on beating whichever intruder to death with the HK45. I doubt it'll even get a scratch.

Lol i don't get this house gun thing. The G19 I carry now just sits under the other pillow in my mass compliant locked gun coffin bed container. Just be honest you want to buy another gun instead of trying to make up some excuse to justify it just tell us that you want to buy something LMAO. I used to do that stuff at the beginning but that quickly died off. Buy a G20/21 Gen4 and be done with it. The hk45 is a nice gun I used to own one but the guns don't point correctly for me. It is built like a brick shithouse and will never let you down though... magazines are kind of pricey especially compared to Glock mags. Grip is very comfortable though.

ETA: out of the stuff you mentioned that there aren't really a whole heck of a lot of wrong choices in the bunch it's mostly a matter of taste or what you want to shoot....

I take the house gun thing as fancy way of saying “big, expensive, range toy with limited uses outside the house.” I’m not a fan of Glocks though. It shoots well for me but I like it for capacity and reliability, nothing else. Hence why I said I don’t want another boring striker fired, black, polymer pistol.

I take the house gun thing as fancy way of saying “big, expensive, range toy with limited uses outside the house.” I’m not a fan of Glocks though. It shoots well for me but I like it for capacity and reliability, nothing else. Hence why I said I don’t want another boring striker fired, black, polymer pistol.

Sounds like a job for a P220 10mm.

I don't 'like-like' Glocks (as in a girl I like-liked when I was 12) but I do like them for their utility and great value. I don't care what any b-b-b-but apologist says about Glock triggers, they suck. They don't just suck, they blow too. However, Glocks are like AK's and it takes unbelievable abuse to kill them. EDC for me is a P220 Compact with the factory melt, SRS trigger, nite sights etc., but there are many days when I just grab the G43 in a pocket holster. Both go into the bedroom safe to be house guns.

1vwf8r.jpg

I have a pristine Gen 1 Delta Elite that I grabbed off the forum a few years back. It's basically half safe queen, half range toy. Trigger is great and it's fun to shoot. Probably would make a good house gun but would need its own bedroom safe with some sort of non-marring liner. I'm pretty ghey over the Delta and don't even shoot it with the original grips mounted.

GHFozBPl.jpg

I had a USP 40 and can't remember why I sold it- it was a decent gun and could be carried uncocked. In a couple days I'll pick up a G20 Gen4 that I wish was a USP 10mm. I bet HK would sell a sh!t ton of those. If you are set on a hammer and the Sigs are too pricey, I'd recommend the USP 45. Eventually I may build a G20 clone on a P45 80% frame and if I like it and it is as reliable as the factory G20, I'll sell the real G20.

One of these days I'll really go all out for a 'house gun' and SBR an old unbuilt lower for a .458 SOCOM with a ridiculous light, laser, night sights, and a handy supply of carpet cleaner for when the BG's see it and soil the rug. This is what a 325 gr JHP looks like after hitting a wet sand berm- imagine what it would do to a BG:

3WW2yWCl.jpg
IG7CtFEl.jpg

One afternoon a friend and I kept shooting my 458 AR rifle at the same 50 yd bullseye and when retrieving the target discovered a 4' tunnel through the berm back to the supporting RR ties. It takes velocity and mass to deliver that much energy. The closest you will get to that from a normal semi-auto pistol and caliber is the 10mm.

My HK45 is the last pistol I would sell out of the dozen or so I have. I very briefly owned a glock 21 because I bought it cheap. The ergonomics were horrible for me and it felt huge in my hand. I have a few thousand rounds thru the HK45 and not a single problem. Try the HK and see how ot works for you.

Back
Top Bottom