Hitman Firearms

If he was put on paid leave for a year and not told why (acording to the Lowell sun article) he probably wasn't shocked by this.

Maybe one of his customers gave him sh*t

The Officer is on the Middlesex DA's "Laurie List" of cops with issues that make them IMHO useless in any prosecution. If you are on the "Laurie List" or as it is also lnown the Exculpatory Evidence List. you have no business being a cop as you have tarnished the badge in such a way that you are damaged goods if you had to testify at a trial.

Lack of devotion to duty related to allegations of "operating a privately-owned firearms business while on duty" was the internal affairs charge that was sustained that got him on the list.

The Officer is on the Middlesex DA's "Laurie List" of cops with issues that make them IMHO useless in any prosecution. If you are on the "Laurie List" or as it is also lnown the Exculpatory Evidence List. you have no business being a cop as you have tarnished the badge in such a way that you are damaged goods if you had to testify at a trial.

Lack of devotion to duty related to allegations of "operating a privately-owned firearms business while on duty" was the internal affairs charge that was sustained that got him on the list.
Look at the mentality. "Hitman Firearms" in anti-gun hoplophobic Communist republic of MA? How did this clown even get a FFL and MA state licenses to sell guns and ammo? I suspect a political connection; maybe some bureaucrats tosspot son in law. What a dipshit! Another reason why Jill and I obtain our firearms out of state!

The only job they should be able to hold is a Greeter at a store or flipping burgers, providing they don't steal the burgers or go near the cash register. They don't belong in any position of trust of property, that includes being a security guard.

The only job they should be able to hold is a Greeter at a store or flipping burgers, providing they don't steal the burgers or go near the cash register. They don't belong in any position of trust of property, that includes being a security guard.
But they have government employment protection.

Reading through this I still can't figure out what crimes this man is actually suspected of beyond maybe being a shitty employee (as a cop) or shitty business owner (as an FFL).

Reading through this I still can't figure out what crimes this man is actually suspected of beyond maybe being a shitty employee (as a cop) or shitty business owner (as an FFL).
Theft of time, He was stealing the wages from the town while working else where.

Theft of time, He was stealing the wages from the town while working else where.

A shitty employee, not any different from lots of other employees who frequently aren't actually working when "on the clock". I guess technically it is theft but the worst scenario I have ever seen from such is termination of employment and where I work usually it comes with a full severance package (ie safer to lay someone off versus potentially having to prove grounds existed to fire them).

In the corporate world, and post Covid I bet it is waaay more common, sometimes people just find themselves in a position where they are collecting a paycheck but are practically lost and forgotten. A good employee of course re-asserts themselves and produces, a bad employee just hides. Then you have folks who aren't hiding but just consistently produce at some bare minimum level, ie making 6 figures and only actually working 10 hours a week. Is fairly obvious they aren't a top performer but is extremely hard to determine if they are actually doing something wrong (ie running a business or engaged in some hobby during most work hours) or if they are just a low performer.

Anyway my point is it's no worse when a cop does it.

My late MIL was friends with the wife of a pharmacist who owned a Boston pharmacy and also worked for the state in a job that inspected pharmacies. Boston Globe did a Spotlight on him with pictures of him at his pharmacy when he was "on the clock" for the state on many different dates. That exposure resulted in no action. This was back in the 1970s.

I and everyone else in town hall knew that the executive secretary to the town manager was running her real estate business out of her town hall office. Nobody ever did anything about it and she retired with a town pension and is now selling real estate full time.

Sadly this isn't uncommon and is rarely punished even when well known.

Ironically this may be a sort of a shit flows downhill kind of thing from the MSP gun sales scandal, and the overtime thing, etc. Someone in federal gov is thinking "If the most prestigious LE unit in the state got caught doing it, that must mean some of the not-so-prestigious ones are doing it too. " There also have been numerous cases where some dumb cops did stupid shit with flipping/strawing guns etc. Enough to make the feds take notice and get itchy when they hear something about it. This state is so enrobed in various forms of corruption, both hard and soft, that you could basically produce an unlimited amount of indictments if you had the resources.

A shitty employee, not any different from lots of other employees who frequently aren't actually working when "on the clock". I guess technically it is theft but the worst scenario I have ever seen from such is termination of employment and where I work usually it comes with a full severance package (ie safer to lay someone off versus potentially having to prove grounds existed to fire them).

In the corporate world, and post Covid I bet it is waaay more common, sometimes people just find themselves in a position where they are collecting a paycheck but are practically lost and forgotten. A good employee of course re-asserts themselves and produces, a bad employee just hides. Then you have folks who aren't hiding but just consistently produce at some bare minimum level, ie making 6 figures and only actually working 10 hours a week. Is fairly obvious they aren't a top performer but is extremely hard to determine if they are actually doing something wrong (ie running a business or engaged in some hobby during most work hours) or if they are just a low performer.

Anyway my point is it's no worse when a cop does it.

I think the only difference is that he’s being paid with taxpayer money. He’s stealing from the populace, not a private company. In my opinion, that’s what makes these a-holes worse. They’re stealing from their neighbors, friends, relatives, and you and me.

Ironically this may be a sort of a shit flows downhill kind of thing from the MSP gun sales scandal, and the overtime thing, etc. Someone in federal gov is thinking "If the most prestigious LE unit in the state got caught doing it, that must mean some of the not-so-prestigious ones are doing it too. " There also have been numerous cases where some dumb cops did stupid shit with flipping/strawing guns etc. Enough to make the feds take notice and get itchy when they hear something about it. This state is so enrobed in various forms of corruption, both hard and soft, that you could basically produce an unlimited amount of indictments if you had the resources.

Look at Medford, all the cops that were falsifying detail pay slips.... the only thing that saved them was it was not a federally funded road project, and the corruption was caught in house

So 26 cops got accused, most of the accusations were affirmed, they all had to repay the money and got a few days off or some other slap on the wrist

and the kicker..... every cop that got caught with his/her hand in the proverbial cookie jar is now on the Middlesex DA's "Laurie List" so if they ever have to testify at trial, or anything having to do with a court case, the DA has to disclose to the defense there is an ethical issue with the Officer... and I will leave it for the Lawyers on this forum to explain the rest, but if I were a defense Attorney and I got Officer Sticky Fingers on the stand on cross examination, the first thing I am going to do is bring that up in order to show them in a bad light before a jury in order to get the weight of their testimony against my client reduced.

PS out of 128 names in the Middlesex County bad cop list 40 are Medford cops

He should have just put on an orange vest and waived people in and out of the store and called it a detail assignment..

He should have just put on an orange vest and waived people in and out of the store and called it a detail assignment..

That requires actual work. Most popo I see on details are either chatting it up with a worker or another cop, or sitting in the running suv staring at their phone. Regardless, rarely are they ever doing any actual work.

How is it every other state can have minimum wage/ community service/ work release flaggers. And we need to pay trained,law enforcement officers double time or time and a half for the same work?
That is an absolutely wrong statement. Police are used for details in other states. Is it across the board? No but they are used. Just last week SB side of route 3 had two staties at exit 1 where guard rail work was being done.

That is an absolutely wrong statement. Police are used for details in other states. Is it across the board? No but they are used. Just last week SB side of route 3 had two staties at exit 1 where guard rail work was being done.

Oh. well.. if NH can have 2 staties at the border when construction is being done.. then Mass definitely MUST have 5 police on detail directiing traffic every weekend at the MIlbury plaza.

and I am absolutely sure that the two officers standing there ignoring the traffic, chatting and looking at their phones while traffic backs up are doing the crucial function of protecting Applebee’s customers of invading the neighboring Friday’s.

that makes a lot more sense now.
Thanks.

Mass, does allow FlagMen on State Funded Jobs where the speed limit is 35 MPH or less, just one problem they have to be paid prevailing wage, at that cost they may just as well have a police detail Why You Don’t See Flagmen in Massachusetts | NewBostonPost
Thanks for saving me time. Under 35 is a union contract issue.
Anybody who ever thought the flag man were not going to get prevailing wages wasn’t paying attention.
Even Maine once in a while has details.

Back
Top Bottom