• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hit this ABC poll if you care to-Posing for Christmas photos with guns

"Nobody ever came out and said, "please pass a law so I can be forced to stop doing something I shouldn't be doing," no, it's always "please pass a law to force them to stop doing something that I don't like."
— Manny Garcia in Robert A. Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

----------

Worf: Romulan ale should be illegal.
Geordi: It is.
Worf: Then it should be more illegal.

----------

Dredd: Emotions, there oughtta be a law against them.

Somebody smarter/more motivated than me can probably find it... I read an article a while back about a kid who's yearbook photo was rejected because he was holding a fencing foil. You know, those BBQ skewer looking things that bend like a twig... It was a weapon, and the school didn't want to send a message...

So there's already a "law"

Somebody smarter/more motivated than me can probably find it... I read an article a while back about a kid who's yearbook photo was rejected because he was holding a fencing foil.

I'll give you one better...

A few years ago there was a flap at some high school in Londonderry NH where a kid had a yearbook photo where he was holding an O/U with the action broken open because the kid was a skeet/trap type.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138671,00.html

Where other students might pose for their senior yearbook photo with tennis rackets or favorite cars, Blake Douglass (search) wants to be seen with his shotgun.
The 17-year-old senior filed a federal lawsuit to force Londonderry High School (search) to allow the photo and give up the policy school officials used to reject it.

-Mike

Wasn't there also another kid last year (I think) that had his yearbook pic rejected because he was wearing a uniform (ROTC maybe, not sure) as he was going into the service after graduation? Ya I know, a little short on the specifics.
This stuff is just disgusting to say the least. [thinking]

Not only is the question dumb, so are the answers. It's not "Yes" and "No", it's "because it's their right to do so" and "because it sends the wrong message".

What If I think "Yes, becuse it's awesome." ?

What about he kid that got in trouble for having a plastic soldier?

Back
Top Bottom