• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

His/her name

Back in the day, a buddy, who was 5'2", drove a white Plymouth Fury III. This thing was a tank! It was always a sight to see him get out of this behemoth!

He called it "Trigger".[rofl]

Only guy I know to name a car.

I can't believe someone thought my (hopefully) funny comment inspired all of this!

Really, I was just funnin'! I don't love my gun... and I don't think it has a gender... and I certainly haven't named any of them!

you said She... you started it haha[rofl]

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: What's your sixth general order?
Private Joker: Sir, the private's sixth general order is to receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me... all orders - Sir, the private's sixth general order - Sir, the private has been instructed, but he does not know, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: You slimy scumbag! Get on your face and give me 25.
Private Joker: Sir, aye-aye, sir!
[Gunnery Sgt. Hartman walks toward Pvt. Pyle; Pyle holds up his rifle]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: How many counts in that movement you just executed?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, 4 counts, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: What's the idea of looking down in the chamber?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, that is to guarantee that the private is not giving the inspecting officer a loaded weapon, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: What's your fifth general order?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, the private's fifth general order is to quit my post only when properly relieved, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: What's this weapon's name, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, the private's weapon's name is Charlene, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle, you are definitely born again hard. Hell, I may even allow you to serve as a rifleman in my beloved Corps.
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes, sir!

I have only named one gun. It used to belong to my buddies Father. I named it so that when my buddy asks me about it, I can talk about it without getting it mixed up with my other Rugers.

Ruger .44 magnum named "big daddy".

Well I guess after watching "A Christmas Story" with my daughter the other day I could accept naming a BB gun "Ralphie"

I have named only two of my firearms. My AK is named after the Former First Lady and current Secretary of State Hillary. I named it such as it has the following in common with her:
-It is too fat where I like to hold it
-It isn't overly pretty
-It is a tad too loud for my liking
-Nothing coming out of it's muzzle is ever 100% accurate

I sometimes cheat on it with my other rifle, Monica.

I happen to think people name their guns because they can only name their penis once. Since naming their penis more than once brings a whole new level of schizophrenia to the table.

Last edited:
I met a guy that named his cats big white and big black - he also referred to his couches the same way for the same reason.

I call my 3.5" duck gun Big Black, no other guns have names for some reason.

no names for my guns,but i did name my GPS,her name is Rosie.

Have no names either...couldn't even imagine it. Do have a case that houses my LAR Grizzly in .45 Win Mag. It has a white label on it that simply says "Grizz". That is to separate it from other look-alike cases. Geez, have I now "named" the piece? [rofl]

I call my shot gun "BOOMSTICK" in honor of Army of Darkness. Thats about it, I trade so much I dont want to get too attached!

I have a 25 cal Beretta 950 whom I call Retta...she is awful pretty [smile]

and then there is my 22 cal Sig Mosquito whom is named Skeeter...handsome fellow!

Back
Top Bottom