• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hipoint 9mm carbine scope question

So I was fortunate enough to pick up one of the HiPoint 9mm's in the most recent group buy (thank you RugerSlinger!!) and I'm debating what to do about sites/scopes for it. It came with a 4x scope in the group buy package that I haven't installed yet. I took it to the range today and shot with the iron sites on it with good effect to 50-75 yards.

I'll likely put the scope on it to see how that feels but I'm also wondering about a red dot scope and/or a laser (potential home defense??)

Other than home defense this will be for fun at the range (@ my range 100 yard max). I'm sorta leaning towards a red dot so I can put the scope on my 10/22TD but I could just get a scope for the 10/22.

Thoughts?

I tried a 1-4x24mm and didn't like it because the small exit pupil slowed down acquisition.
I went with a Bushnell Trophy 1x red dot.

I put a tasco 5moa red dot on my .40 version. If you want to try it out I'm planning to shoot Thursday or Friday at Westford Sportsmen's. I can go either day in the morning (usually from 10-2ish) if one is better for you. We have 59 and 100 yad berms, and I have a ton of ammo I've been squirreling away... Drop me a pm if you're interested

I'd recommend either a reflex style holo sight or a 30mm red-dot to keep the field of view as open as possible.

If you feel like dropping some cash on it, a reflex sight and removable 3x amplifier for shots that you think you'll need magnification.

Either should cover you for most applications of a 9mm carbine.

I think a 4x scope is way too much for a rifle like that.

I like my bushnell trs25 that is on my 22/45. It was something like $60, is very light, compact and has a built in mount.

but they're using those .22LR for shooting targets the size of a qarter at 50 and 100 yards. Is that really the goal with a 9mm carbine?

but they're using those .22LR for shooting targets the size of a qarter at 50 and 100 yards. Is that really the goal with a 9mm carbine?

Why not? Is the accuracy all that much different from a .22? If anything, I think it would be better. The 9mm shoots further, faster, more powerful.

Was thinking of this - http://www.sigsauer.com/sigstore/ShowProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=104&productid=395

It might be a little overkill but it'd be fun to try and if its too "long" I can always put it on the AR that I plan to build (someday).

detail-CP1-2011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom