Hillary vows to close the Mail Order Loophole - and bankrupt all Gun Makers

I bet she finally discovered the CMP was selling Garands through the mail. [rolleyes]
Politicians should rightly fear surplus WWII rifles; historical discussion of the Kennedy assassination are the only online references i can find to a "mail order" loophole.

I'd venture to bet that she, or anyone on her staff for that matter, hasn't a clue as to what a C&R is or that it even exists.

One still has to pass a rigorous background check to get an ffl03 (c&r) license...there's no loophole there.

In case anyone missed it, she mentioned "closing the online loophole" during the debate...

And so when I think about what we need to do, we have 33,000 people a year who die from guns. I think we need comprehensive background checks, need to close the online loophole, close the gun show loophole. There’s other matters that I think are sensible that are the kind of reforms that would make a difference that are not in any way conflicting with the Second Amendment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/20/us/politics/third-debate-transcript.html?_r=0

I caught that during the debate too and laughed. How many imaginary loopholes are they going to come up with? I think the term "loophole" must resonate with people or something so they just tack on whatever adjective fits the moment.

I think we should close the career politician loophole. Politician was never meant to be a career in this country. Institute term limits and close the loophole!

Old, but explains:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...d73-11e2-9711-3708310f6f4d_story.html?0p19G=c

A new study by Third Way , a center-left think tank with close ties to the Obama administration, found that thousands of guns, including so-called assault weapons, are for sale online and that many prospective buyers were shopping online specifically to avoid background checks.

The study focused on Armslist.com — a popular classified site similar to Craigslist.org that facilitates private sales of firearms and ammunition based on location — and analyzed listings in 10 states where senators voted against a background-check compromise this spring.

At any given time, more than 15,000 guns were for sale in those states, according to the study, and more than 5,000 of them were semi-automatic weapons. Nearly 2,000 ads were from prospective buyers asking to purchase specifically from private sellers, where no background checks are required.

“At this point, this is the biggest loophole in the background check system,” said Lanae Erickson Hatalsky, director of social policy and politics at Third Way, an organization that has been active in the gun-control movement for years.

These people are insane.

Last edited:
I caught that during the debate too and laughed. How many imaginary loopholes are they going to come up with? I think the term "loophole" must resonate with people or something so they just tack on whatever adjective fits the moment.
Almost as much as "common sense" gun laws.

Back
Top Bottom