Hillary vows to close the Mail Order Loophole - and bankrupt all Gun Makers

How is verifying someone has a valid ltc, something that legit takes 2 minutes to do and I assume most of us do for personal transfers, not enough for a private sale? If the buyer has a valid ltc, you can sell to them. If you're not careful and sell to someone without a license, you're in trouble. Where's the loophole? I hate all the stupid "loophole" bullsh*t talk from people who know nothing about the process.

They're gonna essentially make it so you can only buy or transfer guns and ammo at an FFL. In MA, that will also eliminate the transfer of any guns not on the magical lists. Limit the list a little at a time and the agenda is complete.
The feds do not consider a MA LTC a viable substitute for a NICS check therefore, in the view of the feds, an LTC is insufficient for a dealer sale. The Hildebeast would expand that to make it insufficient for private sales.

The "loophole" exists in other states; less so in MA.

How is verifying someone has a valid ltc, something that legit takes 2 minutes to do and I assume most of us do for personal transfers, not enough for a private sale? If the buyer has a valid ltc, you can sell to them. If you're not careful and sell to someone without a license, you're in trouble. Where's the loophole? I hate all the stupid "loophole" bullsh*t talk from people who know nothing about the process.

They're gonna essentially make it so you can only buy or transfer guns and ammo at an FFL. In MA, that will also eliminate the transfer of any guns not on the magical lists. Limit the list a little at a time and the agenda is complete.

That is how it works in MA, but take another state like TX.

If I lived in Texas, and you lived in Texas, I could sell you my firearm in a private cash-only sale and literally never know your name... and it would be legal. That is the so-called loophole.

If the firearm crosses a state line, it has to go through a dealer at one end or the other. If the firearm crosses a dealer's counter, there is a background check. That is federal law.

If the firearm never crosses a state line, any background checks are a matter of state law.

If I am not mistaken, the interstate commerce clause is how the feds got their background checks in the first place. If it crosses state lines, they get to have some say in the matter. I think this will also be what makes "closing the loophole" impossible via (legal) presidential edict.

Even if congress wanted to try to "close the loophole" via legislation, they would be in for a fight under the commerce clause. They already have their checks in place for the transations they are allowed to regulate. It should be up to each state to come up with the rules for in state sales, just like it is now.

If I lived in Texas, and you lived in Texas, I could sell you my firearm in a private cash-only sale and literally never know your name... and it would be legal. That is the so-called loophole.
Propogandists on our side keep repeating the mantra "there is no loophole". It may fool some of the audience, but it makes us look stupid to the ones who are not fooled.

If she puts all US firearm companies out of business, where will the military and LEO get their stuff? All imported? The bad thing about it, is that she will actually attempt it. Right along with confiscation in the near future.

Simple. Do you want govt contracts? Stop sales to private individuals, sell to the govt only, or we will sue you out of business.

Prior to 1968, you could buy guns thru the U.S. Mail by sending a money order.

That is how Lee Harvey Oswald bought his guns.

Great business opportunity here. I might get a booth at gun shows and sell actual gun show loop holes. They can come in exciting colors, camo etc and just say Gun Show on them. Business will probably be good until Hillary releases the hounds to shut down my booth.

attachment.php

Attachments

• loop.jpg
    loop.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 332
Propogandists on our side keep repeating the mantra "there is no loophole". It may fool some of the audience, but it makes us look stupid to the ones who are not fooled.
It's not a loophole if that's just how the law was designed to work.

The "gun show" loophole doesn't exist. Libs say it's a way around the federal background check system which says purchases from a dealer go through a BG check, yet face-to-face sales don't. They see this as the loophole, like somehow the government forgot to put that part of into the 1998 bg check law. In-fact, face-to-face sales were specifically exempted (legislative intent) from the bg check law, or it never would have passed.

The mail-order law is also non-existent. Libs believe people can just order guns on-line and have them shipped to their house. Obviously all such sales must go through an FFL. I believe part of this "loophole" is an extension of the gun-show loophole, where an individual seller posts the gun for sale on a webpage, and the buyer and seller arrange a face-to-face sale. Again - this isn't a loophole. It was specifically allowed. How the buyer and seller find each other -- whether at a gun show, via the newspaper classified ads, or via a website, is irrelevant. But Hillary won't tell you that.

I bet shes reffering to the c&r way of ordering guns

I just learned the secret handshake so I can buy my guns on ebay and get them in the mail from china. Now she is going to go off and ruin it.

I saw the online loophole unicorn once. It was a completed auction on eBay that was for a barreled receiver m1 .30 carbine. No mention of ffl and of course it did not look like a rifle.

I'd venture to bet that she, or anyone on her staff for that matter, hasn't a clue as to what a C&R is or that it even exists.

No I thought there was a post on here a few months back about hillbot having a malfunction over c&r. Who knows though

No I thought there was a post on here a few months back about hillbot having a malfunction over c&r. Who knows though

That very well could be the case as I've been trying to pay as little attention to this BS as possible to keep from having an aneurysm. Just hearing/reading the name Clinton is enough to get my BP up a few points these days, advanced throat cancer is to good for her IMO.

That is neither a loophole nor does it have anything to do with gun shows. You apparently disagree with "shall not be infringed", care to comment on THAT loophole?

It's not a loophole if that's just how the law was designed to work.

This. This was the compromise that was written into law on purpose, intentionally, and transparently. You cannot go back and change the agreement because you just want more votes from the moonbats!

https://www.conservativedailyreview...hillary-will-use-executive-order-gun-control/
Hillary promises to hold Gun Manufacturers liable for shootings, and to close the MAIL ORDER LOOPHOLE - by Executive Action.

I cannot find this "Mail Order Loophole" in print, but did hear it on Fox last night (if I get the time I will use my DVR to narrow this down).
Anybody find a reputable source for any Hillary quote on "mail order loophole"?

No mail order loophole mentioned on the article linked to above or in meta discussions:

Last edited:

I agree with you Rob.

Bringing the conversation back into the realm of reality, explaining the controls that are in place and the limited circumstances in which they do not apply...that's all extremely good stuff. I don't think reacting like, "huh??? we have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all whatsoever?" is our best play on this. It makes us look like we don't know the law, when we are actually EXTREMELY well versed on it.

They don't exist. Liberals get wide-eyed when I tell them that there's nothing about a gun show that magically allows you to bypass state and federal law.

What!?!?!?!

They have been telling us it exists!!!

You must be lying and a Trump supporter.

They don't exist. Liberals get wide-eyed when I tell them that there's nothing about a gun show that magically allows you to bypass state and federal law.

Bullshit. I broke a leg falling into a gun show loophole. They had to put cones and tape around it. Suing for damages. Sokolov is the best.

The gun show loophole exists is states without a permit requirement. It refers to the ability to buy a gun from an individual without a NICS check. This loophole also exists in MA, but only to the extent that a MA LTC holder may by privately without a NICS check.

That's not a loophole.

Steven Crowder did a video where he walked around a gun show and tried to buy guns through the loophole and he was not able to do it. It was obviously staged but the point was made that the so-called loophole is not at all what the libs keep crying about.

They use the word "loophole" to imply that person-to-person sales within a state was *intended* to be illegal. That is not the case. It's simply up to each state to finish off the program in order to have universal background checks. The problem our progressive friends have is that many states are not so inclined, so they would have the federal government usurp the states on the matter.

the ONLY thing you cant trust Hillary to want to do would be to close the WIKILEAKS Loophole...[grin]

They use the word "loophole" to imply that person-to-person sales within a state was *intended* to be illegal. That is not the case. It's simply up to each state to finish off the program in order to have universal background checks. The problem our progressive friends have is that many states are not so inclined, so they would have the federal government usurp the states on the matter.

Right, which the feds have no right to do within a state. They call it a loophole because the Constitution gets in the way....for now.

Back
Top Bottom