Hillary vows to close the Mail Order Loophole - and bankrupt all Gun Makers

CaseHardened

Banned
https://www.conservativedailyreview...hillary-will-use-executive-order-gun-control/

Hillary promises to hold Gun Manufacturers liable for shootings, and to close the MAIL ORDER LOOPHOLE - by Executive Action.

I cannot find this "Mail Order Loophole" in print, but did hear it on Fox last night (if I get the time I will use my DVR to narrow this down).

So it got me to thinking:

What is the Gun Show Loophole ?

And:

What is the Mail Order Loophole ?

Isn't it amazing that I don't recall any Reporter, on the Record, ever asking any Liberal Politician what these "Loopholes" are !

No idea. I think it has to do with that "Common sense" gun control.

I want to get bumper stickers made, "Close the common Sense Loophole"
That should fix everything.

I literally have no idea what the Mail Order loophole or Gunshow loophole is.... I would love to know though so i can get some goodies :)

And:

They don't exist. Liberals get wide-eyed when I tell them that there's nothing about a gun show that magically allows you to bypass state and federal law.

Why is it every democratic gun law we are forced to follow a loophole. Even the tax code which I'm sure was written by both sides is considered a loophole. It's your laws .Gov you wrote but yet you stand on your soap box and scream "loophole this loophole that"

You know a few on this site have said before that at this point let Clinton win so that the sh*t storm that's coming happens on her watch, I'm starting to think that way to.

Jason.

Why is it every democratic gun law we are forced to follow a loophole. Even the tax code which I'm sure was written by both sides is considered a loophole. It's your laws .Gov you wrote but yet you stand on your soap box and scream "loophole this loophole that"

You know a few on this site have said before that at this point let Clinton win so that the sh*t storm that's coming happens on her watch, I'm starting to think that way to.

Jason.

Goddammit no! I don't have enough ammo stockpiled for go time yet!

https://www.conservativedailyreview...hillary-will-use-executive-order-gun-control/

Hillary promises to hold Gun Manufacturers liable for shootings, and to close the MAIL ORDER LOOPHOLE - by Executive Action.

I cannot find this "Mail Order Loophole" in print, but did hear it on Fox last night (if I get the time I will use my DVR to narrow this down).

So it got me to thinking:

And:

Isn't it amazing that I don't recall any Reporter, on the Record, ever asking any Liberal Politician what these "Loopholes" are !

it's probably the mail order bride loophole that Bill wants-she'll shut it down and whack his peepee

The "gun show" loophole doesn't exist. Libs say it's a way around the federal background check system which says purchases from a dealer go through a BG check, yet face-to-face sales don't. They see this as the loophole, like somehow the government forgot to put that part of into the 1998 bg check law. In-fact, face-to-face sales were specifically exempted (legislative intent) from the bg check law, or it never would have passed.

The mail-order law is also non-existent. Libs believe people can just order guns on-line and have them shipped to their house. Obviously all such sales must go through an FFL. I believe part of this "loophole" is an extension of the gun-show loophole, where an individual seller posts the gun for sale on a webpage, and the buyer and seller arrange a face-to-face sale. Again - this isn't a loophole. It was specifically allowed. How the buyer and seller find each other -- whether at a gun show, via the newspaper classified ads, or via a website, is irrelevant. But Hillary won't tell you that.

In all cases, these "loopholes" refer to private sales.

"Gun Show Loophole" - private sales between individuals who are at a gun show
"Mail Order/Internet Loophole" - private sales between individuals who found each other via Internet listings (like the NES classifieds!)

Calling these things loopholes is an attempt to turn yesterday's "compromise" into today's "loophole".

Mail Order Loophole. Now a government employee will open every package shipped by any carrier at all times to ensure you aren't violating some sort of Mail Order Loophole.

States like GA that have no permit to purchase rifle or handgun as compared to the majority of the northeast where you need a license or permit to purchase only. They see states like GA as loosey goosey where anyone with a DL can make a purchase. So that scares them.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

IANAL but can she do this via an EO or would a new bill have to be proposed and voted on. I've a friend who keeps freaking out when he hears the term EO. Come to think of it if BHO could've done this it would all ready been done.

Last I knew EOs still have to be legal and constitutional. Oh wait, that's assuming Barry or Hitlery gave two craps about the law or the constitution and assuming the FBI and DOJ weren't just goons that go after conservatives and cover up the progressive crime business and the SCOTUS actually did their job to uphold the constitution. So, nevermind.

If she puts all US firearm companies out of business, where will the military and LEO get their stuff? All imported? The bad thing about it, is that she will actually attempt it. Right along with confiscation in the near future.

IANAL but can she do this via an EO or would a new bill have to be proposed and voted on. I've a friend who keeps freaking out when he hears the term EO. Come to think of it if BHO could've done this it would all ready been done.

I believe EO's can only be to enforce current law not that it would stop Hillary from getting her way.

If she puts all US firearm companies out of business, where will the military and LEO get their stuff? All imported? The bad thing about it, is that she will actually attempt it. Right along with confiscation in the near future.

She will not put them all out of business. The small ones will go out but you will have one or two big ones left for the express purpose of providing the military/LE with guns. It will be centralized and under complete govt control, basically state run arsenals like in the old Soviet Union and China.

So instead of Tula, Izhevsk, Jianshe, etc. it will be West Hartford and Prescott, whatever. My thinking is that Colt and Ruger would be the chosen ones to be "saved" by a govt takeover because of Colt's past with supplying the military and they will reward Ruger's willingness to bend to political/legal pressures.

Yeah, sounds like wild tin foil hat stuff and I guess it is but Barry and the progressives are using Obamacare as a wedge to force open the door to single payer/socialized medicine. I have reason to doubt that they'd love to not only restrict but to downright own/control all weapons manufacturing.

No surprise that Democrats operate this way. Laws are passed through the give and take of the legislative process. The different sides on the issue usually have different priorities and through compromise, each side gives up something they want in exchange for something more important to them in order and arrive at a final bill.

As we've seen far too often, once the bill becomes law, Democrats immediate declare that any points they gave up in compromise are now "loopholes" that need to be closed immediately -- usually for the children.

I literally have no idea what the Mail Order loophole or Gunshow loophole is.... I would love to know though so i can get some goodies :)
The gun show loophole exists is states without a permit requirement. It refers to the ability to buy a gun from an individual without a NICS check. This loophole also exists in MA, but only to the extent that a MA LTC holder may by privately without a NICS check.

Don't confuse Executive Action (EA) with Executive Order (EO). The press and politicians may use them interchangeably but they are very different.

That would have been a better strategy 8 years ago. As much as I hate Hillary, she's not going to hesitate to put a boot in the ass of anyone trying to mess with us. (Provided they aren't funding the Clinton Foundation, of course.) You all KNOW that it was Hillary that pushed for the whole Bin Laden takedown. Barry "can't we all just get along" was never going to pull that trigger, so to speak.

So I don't see that happening because she still needs suppliers to fund whatever she needs done internationally.

I think we should use common sense and close the government loophole![smile]

This must be the same loophole they used during the Fast and Furious Mexican missing weapons debacle![sad2]

Since the "gunshow loophole" is written into law, (GCA68), how might an executive order closing it even work?

How is verifying someone has a valid ltc, something that legit takes 2 minutes to do and I assume most of us do for personal transfers, not enough for a private sale? If the buyer has a valid ltc, you can sell to them. If you're not careful and sell to someone without a license, you're in trouble. Where's the loophole? I hate all the stupid "loophole" bullsh*t talk from people who know nothing about the process.

They're gonna essentially make it so you can only buy or transfer guns and ammo at an FFL. In MA, that will also eliminate the transfer of any guns not on the magical lists. Limit the list a little at a time and the agenda is complete.

Back
Top Bottom