High Standard Supermatic Trophy

groundscrapers

NES Member
Cleaning up one of my FIL's pistols tonight. This thing is neat. Looks like a 1968 or 69 High Standard Supermatic trophy with custom gunsmithing by Clark Customs when they were still in Keithville, LA. I guess this guy was Ed Brown before Ed brown was Ed brown. This gun is smooth as butter.

image-1.jpgimage.jpg

Nice. Reminds me of my Victor (- the rib and weight, + the rail). I bet it will shoot. [grin] Won a lot of silhouette shoots with the Victor. Best shot was an empty Remington 12 ga slug at 100 yards with open sights. Center punched with the first shot. Lucky as hell (+/-). At the risk of looking dumb, what is FIL?
White Feather

I just started Bullseye shooting with my son, and I'm running a High Standard. Of course, others with HSs look, and admire, as do I. One guy has his mother's competition pistol, and the back of the barrel is peened over from the tens of thousands of times the slide has slid home.

Still shoots real well.

Have fun.

I had a Supermatic Trophy when I first started in Bullseye then moved onto a Victor many years back. Great guns!

I do have a Military safe queen buried just.... well.... because. [smile]

This model is a 107 military. Now that this thing is all cleaned up I will need to steal a mag from him and put some rounds down range.

I have a pair of Supermatic Citation 102's. Shot one for the last 40+ years and still love it.
There are old ones out there to be had. A friend bought one and it didn't feed right because of the magazines.
If you check the distance on the mag lips they should be .230 and .185 once there they usually cycle great.

I inherited my dad's Olympic Citation with two barrels, one for .22lr, the other for .22 short...used it in competition shooting for many years.

I had a Supermatic Trophy when I first started in Bullseye then moved onto a Victor many years back. Great guns!

I do have a Military safe queen buried just.... well.... because. [smile]

Similarly I bought a Supermatic Tournament (with sloped grips) as my first target gun and graduated to the Victor a few years later. All steel and made in Hamden, CT. Great guns. Both were bought used and I probably put 10-20K rds thru each of them and they are probably almost as good as new still!

I was disturbed when I went looking for some .22LR semis to buy for use in training new shooters. Everything now seems to be made with an aluminum or pot-metal slide and I doubt that they will stand up to the abuse of new shooters and lots of rounds.

The trigger on this has to be sub 2# and the reset is superb as well. I want to see if I can find him a better optic then the BSA red dot he had. I think an RMR would be sweet.

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo!
Mine is 1.5 pounds. I think two pounds is competition limit. That little screw does wonders. I used to have a friend (long dead) who was a very good shooter. He would set up the trigger and then turn the screw until it fired two rounds when he pulled the trigger. He would then add back 1/4 turn. I was puzzled and asked him how he got it to shoot only two rounds. His answer was, I only load two in the magazine.[wink]
White Feather

Back
Top Bottom