High Standard Pistol Help

I have an older HS Olympic Citation and never encountered this problem. Have you check the slide lock spring? It should move freely up and down with slight spring tension? If the slide lock doesn't move with an empty mag inserted when you pull the slide back, then the spring is missing or deformed. The slide lock spring can easily be lost when stripping the gun.

That was my first thought, and while I was ordering parts for mine, I got an extra for the pistol in question.

When I got into it, the spring was fine, and the stop worked freely.

It's when the bolt comes into engagement, it just cams over, and closes. Feeling the bottom corner of the slide, one can feel some raised metal. Like I said....many, many rounds through it. Not as many as the one where the back of the barrel and face of the bolt had both peened each other, to the point that the deformation was easily visible. Still worked too! [shocked]

yep - had that problem... It was a citation chambered in .22 short.

some slides were not as hard as the parts they were contacting. Goose at Gartman fixed me up

That was my first thought, and while I was ordering parts for mine, I got an extra for the pistol in question.

When I got into it, the spring was fine, and the stop worked freely.

It's when the bolt comes into engagement, it just cams over, and closes. Feeling the bottom corner of the slide, one can feel some raised metal. Like I said....many, many rounds through it. Not as many as the one where the back of the barrel and face of the bolt had both peened each other, to the point that the deformation was easily visible. Still worked too! [shocked]

Not much more I can add then unless the peening is causing it as you surmise. I have many rounds through mine as it was used in competitive shooting for many years without issue.

yep - had that problem... It was a citation chambered in .22 short.

some slides were not as hard as the parts they were contacting. Goose at Gartman fixed me up

Any idea how old the gun is?

Back
Top Bottom