High School Student Suspended for Streaming Zombie Video Game

WTF? How F'n stupid had this country become?

https://tribunist.com/news/high-sch...ideo-of-zombies-being-shot-inside-his-school/

"A female student who saw the video brought the clip to the attention of the school’s principal, Ric Manns. She expressed concern about the content." F'n snowflakes.

Along with up to a year in jail time, the charge can also come with a maximum fine of $5,000 should Small be convicted. Small was also set to join the military, and a conviction could prevent him from joining the armed forces.

Good on the counselor for understanding that it’s just a zombie game. Principal sounds like an idiot though and might cause students to transfer out if someone actually gets sent to jail for playing a game.

Edit: This actually reminded me of the game Counter Strike. Someone made a map of my high school for it. If such a thing happened today, whoever played the game on that map would probably get arrested for threatening to blow up the school.

Last edited:
This is basically the summary version of why I don't have kids. I don't think I would be able to deal with responding to this kind of bullshit
rationally. There would be "problems" where I'd end up in jail, or I'd be trying to get my wife/kids to go live in a cave in tinbuck 4 off grid somewhere or something.

I hope this guy sues the shit out of this school.

-Mike

I'm greatful every day mine is out of the school system.
Although ours was not a SJW hotbed, things can change.

[rofl2] Myself and a few of the older guys at work talk about what were normal things we would do back in our HS days and our younger coworkers just stare in disbelief. It usually ends with them informing us had we done those everyday activities when they attended HS we'd have all been expelled and probably still be sitting in jail.

[sad] America has fallen a great deal in such a short span of time.

Try the new DOOM Eternal gameplay, that might work. (I'm so excited for that and Cyberpunk that I might need to cool the gun spending for a new computer....)

On TWITCH - Bethsda / DOOM Eternal / BATTLEZONE Friday Night Fights. on 5/22/20 at 7:30

My son game name"Kroniid" will be featured as one of the top DOOM players in the world;

according to the hosts of the show. If your into DOOM... you may wanna check it out.

On TWITCH - Bethsda / DOOM Eternal / BATTLEZONE Friday Night Fights. on 5/22/20 at 7:30

My son game name"Kroniid" will be featured as one of the top DOOM players in the world;

according to the hosts of the show. If your into DOOM... you may wanna check it out.

Watching someone's kid play a video game? I know quarrantine has been rough, but I have not yet bottomed out on boredom yet.

I hear ya... I can't get into watching much either. But ALL the competitive players watch each other like a real sport to get better.

They actually have college teams for games like OVERWATCH. With "scholarships" just for gamers.

So what happened to the victim in the story? Jail, life ruined, what?
Criminal charges for what exactly? WTFO

The principal filed a complaint, and he's charged with "intimidation". He's out on bond, facing a bench trial in October.

Indiana Code 35-45-2-1. Intimidation

Sec. 1. (a) A person who communicates a threat to another person, with the intent:

(1) that the other person engage in conduct against the other person’s will;
(2) that the other person be placed in fear of retaliation for a prior lawful act; or
(3) of:
(A) causing:
(i) a dwelling, a building, or other structure; or
(ii) a vehicle;
to be evacuated; or
(B) interfering with the occupancy of:
(i) a dwelling, building, or other structure; or
(ii) a vehicle;
commits intimidation, a Class A misdemeanor.

This is a bullshit charge. Was a threat made? Was the persons intent? Was the school evacuated? Was it's occupancy interfered with? ARE SCHOOLS EVEN OPEN?

Some magistrate deserves... what's Cams say? A DICKSLAPPING.

Here in MA we see such garbage charges all the time. ABDW is charged frequently when there's no contact between parties, let alone contact with a weapon. Last year IIRC a bowhunter was charged with "DISCHARGING A FIREARM" within a certain distance of roads/dwellings, because the arrow fired landed within said distance of roads/dwellings - other laws aside, everyone in charge let this case continue. One high school near my MA place had a similar case where a kid wrote a zombie short story for English class, circa-Columbine era but not THAT close (maybe 04?), and he faced charges because the "zombified" characters were real teachers/classmates and it was called a threat as well.

Freshman English class in high school, back in 86 my project partner and I wrote a sales pitch for AK47s. We brought in plastic props. We got an A. I can only imagine if that were today.

The principal filed a complaint, and he's charged with "intimidation". He's out on bond, facing a bench trial in October.

Indiana Code 35-45-2-1. Intimidation

Sec. 1. (a) A person who communicates a threat to another person, with the intent:

(1) that the other person engage in conduct against the other person’s will;
(2) that the other person be placed in fear of retaliation for a prior lawful act; or
(3) of:
(A) causing:
(i) a dwelling, a building, or other structure; or
(ii) a vehicle;
to be evacuated; or
(B) interfering with the occupancy of:
(i) a dwelling, building, or other structure; or
(ii) a vehicle;
commits intimidation, a Class A misdemeanor.

This is a bullshit charge. Was a threat made? Was the persons intent? Was the school evacuated? Was it's occupancy interfered with? ARE SCHOOLS EVEN OPEN?

Some magistrate deserves... what's Cams say? A DICKSLAPPING.

Here in MA we see such garbage charges all the time. ABDW is charged frequently when there's no contact between parties, let alone contact with a weapon. Last year IIRC a bowhunter was charged with "DISCHARGING A FIREARM" within a certain distance of roads/dwellings, because the arrow fired landed within said distance of roads/dwellings - other laws aside, everyone in charge let this case continue. One high school near my MA place had a similar case where a kid wrote a zombie short story for English class, circa-Columbine era but not THAT close (maybe 04?), and he faced charges because the "zombified" characters were real teachers/classmates and it was called a threat as well.

This happened in 2018 though... He is still waiting on trial for these BS charges? Unable to work etc?

This happened in 2018 though... He is still waiting on trial for these BS charges? Unable to work etc?

Trials for complex cases, and by complex I mean more complicated than an open-and-shut case with ample evidence, such as a case with interesting legal issues like this one, can take a couple years or so. Depends on the level of the court, the amount (or lack) of evidence, the desire of the parties to maintain the suit, etc.

Taking a couple years from complaint --> trial isn't out of the ordinary except for misdemeanors or debt collections, small claims, etc., without any legal hiccups.

I found something later

Trials for complex cases, and by complex I mean more complicated than an open-and-shut case with ample evidence, such as a case with interesting legal issues like this one, can take a couple years or so. Depends on the level of the court, the amount (or lack) of evidence, the desire of the parties to maintain the suit, etc.

Taking a couple years from complaint --> trial isn't out of the ordinary except for misdemeanors or debt collections, small claims, etc., without any legal hiccups.

The charges were dropped. From Prepper’s link: “The intital criminal charges that Small faced were dismissed.”

I know, it is almost as bad as watching grown men play a game on TV.
A few years back when I was active army national guard I was superintendent of a maintenance shop. Went into the day room for a cup of coffee and two privates were in there on break talking about killing a tiger in a cave and some bullshit. All serious like.......took me a few minutes to figure out they were talking about an online video game. Jesus christ.....I shook my head and walked out. Fml

So...tell me...what does suspended mean these days. He cannot attend School? He will be forces to stay home?

My daughter dual enrolled her senior year of high school. Which simply means she attended college instead of going to high school. She then applies the college credits to her high school to fulfill her graduation requirements (like english and math). Once she graduates she then applies the college credits toward any degree she wants. She was considered a student of the school even though she did not attend that whole year. She was able to play sports, attend prom and go on the school sanctioned trip to Italy. In Italy there were 4 girls in her room and one of the girls, who confessed, was found to have a nip of booze. All 4 girls were suspended, because zero tolerance. Since my daughter did not attend the school, then she could not technically be suspended. The prinicpal tried to force her to serve her suspension by going to the school. It did not work out well for the principal.

Sorry for off topic.

My daughter dual enrolled her senior year of high school. Which simply means she attended college instead of going to high school. She then applies the college credits to her high school to fulfill her graduation requirements (like english and math). Once she graduates she then applies the college credits toward any degree she wants. She was considered a student of the school even though she did not attend that whole year. She was able to play sports, attend prom and go on the school sanctioned trip to Italy. In Italy there were 4 girls in her room and one of the girls, who confessed, was found to have a nip of booze. All 4 girls were suspended, because zero tolerance. Since my daughter did not attend the school, then she could not technically be suspended. The prinicpal tried to force her to serve her suspension by going to the school. It did not work out well for the principal.

Sorry for off topic.

My son is dual rolled as well, but both are now online. He is still at home....not different from suspension

Good for you, ACLU.

Also off topic, but the ACLU is currently suing the Department of Education because men having basic rights to due process in school kangaroo courts, in their eyes, VIOLATES THE RIGHTS OF WOMEN.

"Civil Liberties" lololol

Back
Top Bottom