High school seniors playing game called ‘senior assassin’ blacked out orange tip on air soft rifle to make it look like real firearm, Longmeadow PD

Reptile

NES Member
This week the Longmeadow Police Department got a call involving “several vehicles circling the area with no headlights.” In the backseat of one 17-year-old’s car was what appeared to be a firearm.

Police, however, discovered it was actually an air soft rifle that “was intentionally ‘blacked out’ to make it look real for the purpose of a game the high school seniors are playing called ‘senior assassin.’”

The incident, police warned in a Facebook post, “could have been deadly.”

The department wrote, “It is 10:30 p.m. and you respond to a report of a male holding a rifle hiding in a backyard. Upon searching backyards, you locate a male in the dark holding EXHIBIT A. How would you respond?”

The department added, “How would you respond if you came home and found someone hiding in your backyard holding that weapon waiting to ambush your child?”

The goal of the game, “senior assassin,” is to ambush and squirt other seniors with squirt guns for a chance to win the cash prize. But this one had the orange tag, used to differentiate between toys and the real thing, covered up.

Police shared photos of the toy alongside a real firearm to show the similarities between the two items.

**Police seize firearm from 17 year old** Now that we have your attention, did you notice the difference between the...
Posted by Longmeadow Police Department on Wednesday, May 5, 2021

“Did you notice that exhibit A is actually an air soft rifle in which the orange tip has been taped over to make the weapon appear real,” the Facebook post stated.

Police asked people to think throughly about why and how they’re using air soft rifles.

“Knowledge is power,” the Facebook post states. “Please help us educate and spread the word as to why this scenario could have been deadly and completely avoidable.”

View: https://www.facebook.com/longmeadowpolice/posts/3881562901927000

People complain that kids these days do t get outside and socialize. That they don’t take risks. Then these kids go and black out the toy tip on one little airsoft rifle so they can play the extremely fun sounding game of “senior assassin” and it’s the end of the world.

Let the kids play, ref.

What’s the difference between painting the tip of an AirSoft black and painting the tip of an AR orange? Doing either could end badly.
There is no problem until something happens.
When i was a kid my dad and most in the neighborhood would say something like this.
Dont come crying to us if you clowns get your eyes shot out.
We played cowboys/indians/war/hunter
Used daisy one pump rifles and cheap BB pistols
s. Rule was below the waste shots.

my dad ended up banning steel BB use around the house because of ricochet. Lead only

I dont recall the brand, but in the late 80's a few of us had battery powered , all black , M16 style water guns . Not only did the detective that lived one street over never bother us, but we never saw the local PD while we were running around with these things. And this was a large town on Cape Cod.

Nowadays, forget it. This would be a good way to cause a scene and die quick no matter where you lived.

Did that back in the 80's. Used those rubber bb 'Walther' looking guns.

There was a movie where one of the players used a real gun to make sure he won. Another of the movies that was kinda fun to watch back then but is probably a complete groaner today.

When i was a kid my dad and most in the neighborhood would say something like this.

my dad ended up banning steel BB use around the house because of ricochet. Lead only
My dad told me the same thing. Also told me that sympathy is in the dictionary, between tough and shit. What was wrong with our parents. 😁
But it was a different time when people didn’t freak out when all the kids were running around the neighborhood with guns. Long before airsoft.

When I lived in NC it was my brothers and I against everyone else. We wore shop goggles and shot the crap out of them.

Back
Top Bottom