• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

High School Locked Down - Oxford, MA

dreppucci007

NES Member
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO44517/

High school locked down

OXFORD, Mass. -- Oxford High School was placed in lockdown shortly after students arrived for classes this morning at the school in central Massachusetts.

Broadcast reports say authorities began a search in the school after a faculty member discovered what was described as a small amount of ammunition. No weapons have been found.

School buses are lined up outside the school, apparently to bring students home after the lockdown is over.

They wouldn't say how much or what caliber, but "It's a small amount."

They probably found a f***ing .22lr or something [thinking]

They probably found a 22lr empty case that got stuck in someone's shoe tread!

I was in K-mart one time, and I kept hearing clicking when I would walk. So I kicked my toe down, and 5 empty 22lr cases hit the floor! The best part though, is I was walking through the toy isle trying to find something for the neighbors little boy's birthday, and there was a lady reprimanding her son about how horrible it is that he was even touching a toy gun!

It's probably some kid copying that other incident. Hey guys... "sprinkle
some cheap ammo around the school and we'll get let out early".

-Mike

They probably found a f***ing .22lr or something [thinking]

You mean, the dreaded ASSASSINATION BULLET?

The dreaded round designed to penetrate the human skull only once . . . then ricochet around destroying the brain. The preferred bullet of mob hitmen and hired killers? A round whose sole purpose is to kill people or leave them horribly brain damaged?

Almost silent to begin with due to its small size, a 22 gun can be made totally quiet and undetectable by using little more than a toilet paper roll stuffed with a single kleenex as a silencer.

A favorite of street gangs due to the artificially low price of the bullets and the cheap, miniature guns which fire them, these bullets are commonly sold in "bricks", using the street slang for the 500 round cases of these evil killers. Imagine those five HUNDRED bullets being spray-fired from a highly concealable, miniature revolver!

Known as a "Gateway Bullet", most shooters begin their training on these cheap death dispensers before getting hooked and graduating to larger calibers.

And now they are being found in our schools. IN OUR SCHOOLS!! The very same schools filled with vulnerable children. Sweet, vulnerable children who are destined to become victims unless we act now!

-Gary

Sorry, I guess I read a few too many press releases lately. [wink]

My daughter is a freshman and we were notified about this around 10 am. Apparently the ammo was found around 0730. The town is freaking out about this. Anyway, I just talked to my wife and my daughter was just released from school. They did the whole, lockdown and search anything that was not nailed down, thing. Thank God I won't be home till 2300.

You mean, the dreaded ASSASSINATION BULLET?
Known as a "Gateway Bullet", most shooters begin their training on these cheap death dispensers before getting hooked and graduating to larger calibers.
[wink]
[rofl] [rofl] [laugh2] [laugh2] [rofl] [rofl]

Man that whole post got me roaring....but "Gateway Bullet" takes the cake!

One of the Media favorites as ANYTHING can be a "Gateway" if you go far enugh back.

I remember getting kids sick on the Merry-Go-Round back in my years as a Daycare Worker. Talk about a Gateway drugs...half those kids were looking to score crack after snack time! [rofl]

I did my student teaching in Oxford in 1990. Nice town, lots of kids libs would call rednecks, but most were OK. Oxford has a strong rifle program, and lots of kids in town shoot. Chances are some kid had a couple of .22 rounds in his coat pocket, and they fell out while he/she was putting his coat in the locker. Some people need to get a grip.

However, there was an "alternative school" inside the school with some really messed-up kids, some of whom were farmed out to me for US History. If they still have that program there, and it's anything like it was back then, then there might be some potentially very violent kids in that school. Of course, NPR (WBUR) and WHDH pick it up, and freeeeeak out over it.

I did my student teaching in Oxford in 1990. Nice town, lots of kids libs would call rednecks, but most were OK. Oxford has a strong rifle program, and lots of kids in town shoot. Chances are some kid had a couple of .22 rounds in his coat pocket, and they fell out while he/she was putting his coat in the locker. Some people need to get a grip.

However, there was an "alternative school" inside the school with some really messed-up kids, some of whom were farmed out to me for US History. If they still have that program there, and it's anything like it was back then, then there might be some potentially very violent kids in that school. Of course, NPR (WBUR) and WHDH pick it up, and freeeeeak out over it.

Is that NPR as in National Palestine Radio as David Brudnoy used to say?

The ammunition was a small number of .22-caliber rounds and a small number of shotgun shells," Oxford Police Chief Charles Noyes said.

Investigators said it appeared that the bullets were placed so that they would be noticed.

Seems like somebody's playing games.

"Great... now we're in lock down... great plan jerk off"

One of the rounds found was indeed the dreaded man stopping .22LR. I think Matt's right, some nitwit figured this would be a great way to get out of school early. Instead they locked the kids in their no doubt cheery rooms. If I were the "authorities" and found out who did it I wouldn't arrest him. I'd leak his name to the rest of the school. At the least, he'd get an over the top of the head wedgie out of the deal. [grin]

Gary

I'm still really curious on exactly how dangerous these school ninnies think dangerous a few .22 rounds are?

Do they let the kids use chemicals in Chemistry Class? How about those dreaded "Lead" Pencils.

I remember a kid who acciddently stabbed himself with a pencil...we got him all worked up thinking he'd die of lead poisoning [rofl]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom