High capacity magazine use out of state

Untested area of law.

My bet is that a DA would prosecute and a judge would agree in MA. Lack of knowledge but a firm conviction can be an important asset in persecuting crime and making it sound good on the evening news.

I think this pretty clear in the statute. As long as its permanently altered to take only ten rounds (think welding), ie not "readily modifiable".

I think some companies sell blocked Pmags for the California market, not sure how it's done. You could probably get a pin in there and epoxy the thing in place, but IANAL so not sure how it would fly here.

I am going to take a class in New Hampshire with my m&p. A buddy of mine owns several high capacity magazines in NH and is willing to let me use them during the class. My questions is, is there any legal issue with using the magazine in NH and not returning to mass with it?

The laws of Ma cant follow you like a harbinger of doom into another state. They stop at the line.

I am going to take a class in New Hampshire with my m&p. A buddy of mine owns several high capacity magazines in NH and is willing to let me use them during the class. My questions is, is there any legal issue with using the magazine in NH and not returning to mass with it?

Dear God in heaven.......

- - - Updated - - -

The fact we even have these questions asked is proof positive of our ****ed up laws.
+1

Looking from the outside in utter amazement.

Back
Top Bottom