High cap mags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say I'm a newbie.I get my LTC from the local police department and it says class a large capacity.I buy some post ban magazines and get in trouble. I've Been given nothing tells you you can't buy post magazines unless you look under Mass General law.has this been challenged yet. It's a full moon, just thought I would ask. Len S please chime in

Last edited:
Let's say im newbie I get my LTC from the local police department and it says class a large capacity I buy some post ban magazines and get in trouble. I've Been given nothing tells you you can't buy post in magazines unless you look under Mass General law.has this been challenged yet. It's a full moon, just thought I would ask. Len S please chime in

Your instructor needed to tell you this valuable information in order to issue you a state police cert. So either your instructor did a lousy job or you didn't pay attention.

Your instructor needed to tell you this valuable information in order to issue you a state police cert. So either your instructor did a lousy job or you didn't pay attention.

My class was a joke. I was told mags are like off list guns. Legal to buy ftf but not from a store.
I took my class with my brother and a random couple. walking out I told them you should read up on mass laws cause he gave bad info.

Last edited:

Well, to be fair, there is no requirement that the whole post-ban mag situation be discussed. The only requirement is that the students be "informed" of Mass gun laws. There's no punch list of what must be covered. And it's not a thirty hour course. [rolleyes]

That said, the Instructor that sent this student out like this is lousy.

Not saying that there should be a state-mandated syllabus, but some trainers do better at explaining the big picture, and the important details, than others.

Pretty sure that's covered under the AWB or something, no?? Doesn't it say no post ban, high cap magazines??? I don't understand. If you get caught with a brand new pmag, I'm pretty sure any moron knows it's not from 1988.

So, you can either do what your master tells you, or go be a free man, and buy some Pmags.

Let's say I'm a newbie.I get my LTC from the local police department and it says class a large capacity.I buy some post ban magazines and get in trouble. I've Been given nothing tells you you can't buy post magazines unless you look under Mass General law.has this been challenged yet. It's a full moon, just thought I would ask. Len S please chime in

You're expected to know the law.

I don't want this thread to turn into a shit show. Just asking a question for a new gun owner. He didn't understand. He move from out of state.

I don't want this thread to turn into a shit show. Just asking a question for a new gun owner. He didn't understand. He move from out of state.

The answer is simple. They expect you to know it, and if you get caught with a post ban mag in Massachusetts it's a felony. One that they will most definitely hang you on.

OP: if i understand your question properly, you are asking whether a lack of knowledge of the law will protect you in court. The short answer is no. The long answer is that courts have repeatedly ruled that ignorance is no excuse. So no matter how hard to understand and complicated MGL are, your noob friend must comply or risk felony charges that will most likely stick.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom