• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"high cap" mags in MA ban "An Act to close the assault weapon magazine loophole"

Am i reading this correctly?

Bill H.1281

Section 131M of Chapter 140 of the General Laws, is hereby amended by striking out in line 2 after the word "weapon" the following: or a large capacity feeding device, and inserting in line 3 after "1994", or a large capacity feeding device.

I believe this changes 140 - 131m from:

Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994.

to
Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994, or a large capacity feeding device.

Last edited:
Sounds like a ban of the possession of any magazine over 10 rounds by anyone, regardless of the date of manufacture.

But then again, IANAL or a corrupt politician..

Next will be a limit on how many of those non-standard 10 round magazines a person could own for each weapon..[thinking]

Infringe why is it so hard for those in power to comprehend the meaning of such a simple word?

Last edited:
Are you trying to interpret out of this that mags are a No and weapons are a Yes ?

Linksey is obviously upset CA got the jump over MA in the extensiveness of it's AW ban.

Linskey gun bills are generally DOA (the legislature lets him tilt at windmills), however, one must also remember that eternal vigilance is a price of freedom.

It's a Linksy bill, so yeah.

HC3Jswf.gif

Another year another worthless linsky bill. Like Groundhog Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That .50 beo upper keeps calling my name. Similarly, I'm not giving up my standard mags, at some point im going to say ****it and stop paying attention to these new laws and just do my thing.

That would make a criminal out of me for doing nothing more than possessing what I already have lawfully owned up to this point. A violation of my Constitutional rights. Furthermore it deprives me of property without just compensation in violation of my Constitutional rights. These magazines are priceless to me because they can no longer be replaced. So if the state wants to ban them they need to compensate me for these priceless items. Since they're priceless as they can not be replaced - I'll assign a value.. I want 100% of all state owned property transferred to me - free and clear of any liens, debts or easements. Then maybe I'll think about surrendering my magazines.

Oh - you're not willing to pay that price - then F*ck off.

So this is some serious ex post facto bullshixt here.

Is the state going to reimburse every owner of 20 or 30-round magazines for what we bought and paid for legally, now that they intend to make them retroactively illegal?

There oughta be a law...

That .50 beo upper keeps calling my name. Similarly, I'm not giving up my standard mags, at some point im going to say ****it and stop paying attention to these new laws and just do my thing.

This isn't a law yet. Linksy's BS doesn't usually go very far but it still wouldn't hurt to call your public servants at let them know you're still paying attention to their little games.

This particular bill is currently sitting in the Public Safety and Homeland Security committee. If any of your servants are members of that committee it's definitely worth picking up the phone.

Here's a link to the bill: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/House/H1281

http://www.annenbergclassroom.org/page/article-i-section-10

Section 10 - The Text
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Section 10 - The Meaning
Article I, Section 10, limits the power of the states. States may not enter into a treaty with a foreign nation; that power is given to the president, with the advice and consent of two-thirds of the Senate present. States cannot make their own money, nor can they grant any title of nobility.

As is Congress, states are prohibited from passing laws that assign guilt to a specific person or group without court proceedings (bills of attainder), that make something illegal retroactively(ex post facto laws) or that interfere with legal contracts.

No state, without approval from Congress, may collect taxes on imports or exports, build an army or keep warships in times of peace, nor otherwise engage in war unless invaded or in imminent danger.

-------------------------

That would make a criminal out of me for doing nothing more than possessing what I already have lawfully owned up to this point. A violation of my Constitutional rights. Furthermore it deprives me of property without just compensation in violation of my Constitutional rights. These magazines are priceless to me because they can no longer be replaced. So if the state wants to ban them they need to compensate me for these priceless items. Since they're priceless as they can not be replaced - I'll assign a value.. I want 100% of all state owned property transferred to me - free and clear of any liens, debts or easements. Then maybe I'll think about surrendering my magazines.

Oh - you're not willing to pay that price - then F*ck off.

Oh silly boy. Did you buy those before 1994? If not you bought them illegally. Just read the new opinion of the law.

So this is some serious ex post facto bullshixt here.

Is the state going to reimburse every owner of 20 or 30-round magazines for what we bought and paid for legally, now that they intend to make them retroactively illegal?

There oughta be a law...

Like all other Linsky bills, this one will get him media coverage and a re-election, but will go nowhere . . . but we still need to stay vigilant.

Sadly there would be no compensation if such a bill were to pass. In CA they did the same sort of things and the courts held that since you could sell them outside CA, there was no "taking" (which would require reimbursement - the gov't sets the rates, not us). The courts in MA would go along with the CA precedent, that you could bet on.

Like all other Linsky bills, this one will get him media coverage and a re-election, but will go nowhere . . . but we still need to stay vigilant.
What is in the water in Natick that makes otherwise sane people vote for this bizarre leftist lunatic? [thinking] He is a laughingstock.

Sadly, there would be no compensation if such a bill were to pass. In CA they did the same sort of things and the courts held that since you could sell them outside CA, there was no "taking" (which would require reimbursement - the gov't sets the rates, not us). The courts in MA would go along with the CA precedent, that you could bet on.
No sane, self-respecting person will turn in anything without due and proper compensation.

Last edited:
What is in the water in Natick that makes otherwise sane people vote for this bizarre leftist lunatic? [thinking] He is a laughingstock.

When you have huge areas filled with rich suburban people with no actual problems, they have to make things up to keep themselves busy. Like the need to make guns illegal to let people feel safe, or to take steps to protect them from fake racism, or pass laws to keep them safe from hate crimes that were fraudulently reported. You know, and raise taxes.

Back
Top Bottom