• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

High cap mags and tax stamp

CAESAR

NES Member
I apologize for the dupe but I could not find the old post.
I want to get saiga 12, 10 rounds mag and a pistol grip.
There is a way to do it with tax stamp or special FFL. Can anyone give me short run on the info about this?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

You cannot have a 10 round post-ban mag for a Saiga in MA. Period. Stop asking. There is no way around it.

You cannot SBS a Saiga 12 in MA as an individual or trust.

You cannot get the required FFL which would allow you to own one without a legitimate store front.

If you want to legally own that combo of mag+gun, move to another state. That is your only option.

I should have put #3 first.

He can get one if he is willing to jump through the hoops and has the $$$$.

Yeah, it's terminally stupid considering if you just want better stuff it is cheaper to move to NH than it is to do that, but still.... it's not impossible.

It's the gun version of aviation's "$300 hamburger", except he'd be getting into the $5000 dollar Saiga. [rofl] Hell it would likely cost more than that unless he is considering actually starting a firearms business. (which is really what you need to do in order to maintain BATFE profit motive requirement, as well. If they don't think you have profit motive, you will not get a license. )

-Mike

haha I forgot to mention I want it to be semi auto.

In that case, you are out of luck. Unless, like Mike said, you want to jump through a bunch of hoops and spend a bunch of money.

Personally, I would deal with a pump that holds 14 rounds over any Saiga semi.

In that case, you are out of luck. Unless, like Mike said, you want to jump through a bunch of hoops and spend a bunch of money.

Personally, I would deal with a pump that holds 14 rounds over any Saiga semi.

Neh... Mossberg 930 is the best solution for this

Whats funny is that if Kel-Tech was semi auto it would be completely legal to own in MA with LTC A

Last edited:
Neh... Mossberg 930 is the best solution for this
You can't put a pistol grip on that either.

Whats funny is that if Kel-Tech was semi auto it would be completely legal to own in MA with LTC A

That would actually make it illegal.

For reference:
Shotguns:
(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

NOTE: Given (D) this means that break open, pump, bolt action shotguns are exempt from the AWB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom