• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hickok45 in the real world

full auto, no ear pro

He actually does that a lot, not the full auto part though. If you watch his new P38 vs 1911 video that came out this week, he shot a P38 and a 1911 at the same time with no ears on. Maybe it's because ears haven't always been an accepted standard in shooting, I don't know. My grandfather would be 74 if he was alive and he was almost stone deaf due to shooting and working without ears on (truck driver/diesel mechanic).

He actually does that a lot, not the full auto part though. If you watch his new P38 vs 1911 video that came out this week, he shot a P38 and a 1911 at the same time with no ears on. Maybe it's because ears haven't always been an accepted standard in shooting, I don't know. My grandfather would be 74 if he was alive and he was almost stone deaf due to shooting and working without ears on (truck driver/diesel mechanic).

Hickock45 complains about his hearing not infrequently, I think it's so messed up he just doesn't notice.

I have a feeling the ear pro he wears is for show anyway. He doesn't spend a great deal of time getting them seated [laugh]

I tried those earphones he uses. I tested them with a M91/30 with surplus ammo. It wasn't a very fun day at the range and I switched eventually to foam plugs in my ears with muffs over my ears.

full auto, no ear pro

Sometimes he forgets because he goes right from talking to the camera, to shooting. There was a recent(ish) video when he was in Texas shooting a PPSh outdoors, he let ~3 rounds off, and the PPSh reminded him real quick of the importance of ear protection.

I got to chat with him and his son at shot this year. Dude is like 6'5" way taller than I expected in person but super nice nonetheless.

Hickok was/is supposed to be coming for the opening of the Gunparlor Range. Would love to see him in Massachusetts and Worcester.

Nice! I forget which review, but they sent him a gun or perhaps built one of his ARs. I unfortunately can't recall, but really enjoy his reviews.

And that looks like an MP5SD3? With subsonic ammo, even indoors, maybe even my fragile ears could handle a single mag.

Last edited:
Nice! I forget which review, but they sent him a gun or perhaps built one of his ARs. I unfortunately can't recall, but really enjoy his reviews.

And that looks like an MP5SD3? With subsonic ammo, even indoors, maybe even my fragile ears could handle a single mag.

im pretty sure it was a 1911 they sent him i remember seeing the video a while back.

Hickock45 complains about his hearing not infrequently, I think it's so messed up he just doesn't notice.

I've noticed people with ****ed up hearing that I shoot with have this tendency to use weak or inferior hearing protection. Maybe the mentality is something like "**** it, its gone anyways" or something... I just know that after ringing my bell seriously a few times I go out of my way to double up when I can... every little bit helps.

-Mike

Damn... wish we had a Bud's Gunshop type of place here. 30,000 square feet of just shelf after shelf of brand new firearms.

KTP used to be a lot bigger in the gun department. They never expanded into online sales as bread and butter though, so no need for a huge warehouse.

KTP used to be a wholesaler as well, at the rear upstairs was where FFLs would pick up their goods. That was many years ago. Was it Summit? Can't recall the name of that operation any more.

Back
Top Bottom