• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hickok45 approves P365

I don't have 30 minutes to watch yet but did he discuss barrel peening, failures to go into battery, or light primer strikes? It looks like he had a tub of FMJ ammo there which is inspiring but I'll hold off on buying it until they get the issues sorted through.

He likes it, so so on the smaller grip, loves the capacity, and it's fairly accurate, but what doesn't he shoot well?? In the vid the gun did fail to go fully into battery once when he had just inserted a new mag and hit the slide release lever, but he just pushed it into battery by hand and all was well. No discussion of light primer strikes or barrel peening. He had put a few hundred rounds through it. He was amazed at the magazine and hopes that it continues to function reliably over time.

Looks like a nice gun but given the P320 horseshit, not going to be touching one of those for awhile. The first few runs of those guns will have
teething issues, just like every other commodity gun released these days. Let "some other guy deal with that crap" is my stance.

-Mike

Saw a youtube vid of some guys shooting 1,000 rounds.... didn't look good; not going into battery, light primer strikes. Really wanted to like this gun, but with those issues, I might have to wait until version 2 to get all the kinks out.

Hickok has some monstrous hands.

Looks like a nice gun but given the P320 horseshit, not going to be touching one of those for awhile. The first few runs of those guns will have
teething issues, just like every other commodity gun released these days. Let "some other guy deal with that crap" is my stance.

-Mike

The P320 came out in January 2014. The drop issue was identified in July 2017. That's a long time to work things out before it's GTG.

Fascinating. And being in MA, they'll identify and fix the errors before they show up in local gun stores here. LOL. . . . wait, that's not that funny. ;)

"What can I say, it's a Sig" ...
He didn't reprise that one. Hickock doesn't review guns he presents them. He's a giant, so his comments about he grips aren't really applicable to 95% of the population. I am dying to fondle one of these but I'll be waiting 1-2 years to but so they sort out any first/second run issues.

I met him in the bar of our hotel at last years shot show. your right, freakin' huge hands. when we shook hands his hand swallowed mine. but he's a huge guy, probably 6'5" or 6"6". i'm 6"2" and looked up at him when we spoke.

what I like about his videos is he pretty much shoots uncut all the way through for 25+ minutes with a lot of shooting. what you see is how it is, malfunctions and all. if he has to stop for a length of time, when they come back he tells you what the problem was. wysiwyg with the viewer basically forming their own opinions.

What is this new gun I must have!!!???

Love my 238, you mean I can go smaller and get bigger at the same time?? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The P320 came out in January 2014. The drop issue was identified in July 2017. That's a long time to work things out before it's GTG.

The P320 was perhaps not the best example of that, I mean otherwise mine work, but given the stuff going on in the past few years with sig I'm not surprised if there are issues, I guess thats the point I was trying to make. (for example, another major not often discussed issue on the P320 was trigger slap, and I got my first one more than a couple years after it came out!) A lot of these big manufacturers, in the post sandy hook era, seem to be adept at churning out stuff that has a lot of issues at first. (although some are far worse than others, eg, like Remington with the broken R51, etc).

-Mike

Saw a youtube vid of some guys shooting 1,000 rounds.... didn't look good; not going into battery, light primer strikes. Really wanted to like this gun, but with those issues, I might have to wait until version 2 to get all the kinks out.

Reminds me of video games, they rush them to release full of bugs, folks buy it and before they get the wrapper off the disc there is a huge patch to be downloaded.

What doesn't he approve?
He does little in the way of "approve" or "disapprove". It's his "schtick". He presents fire arms on his videos...shows how they work.....compares them to other models.....and shoots them. The "value" to watching his vids is really in seeing new guns operated and compared.....and getting some history behind the older models he does vids on.

Back
Top Bottom