• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hialeah man shoots out tires of AT&T truck outside home

This is the kind of journalism that isn't journalism.

The article explains all the shooting with the only information provided that the trucks were parked in the street. Later they say they were blocking his driveway.

I had something similar happen to me. It was a DSL truck making a delivery. The keys were in the truck. I moved it around the corner and out of sight.

I would have loved to have done that to Comcrap, but we don't have them any more.

Of all the people at Comcast the people who would be driving a truck/van are probably not the ones I would feel the need to hassle. Its the policy people and the sales script people that drive me up a wall.

same style trucks work on my street all the time. They never block a driveway. Now having said that I don't know if the worker was working on the line where he needed his truck in that position....but verizon has never blocked a driveway on my street and the poles distances vary but the one at the end of my driveway is 32 inches away. So close you need to be concerned backing out so you don't hit the pole. My guess, and it's just speculation....these workers were being a-holes. Doesn't condone what the guy did but probably there was no reason other than to aggravate the guy to park in front of the driveway if that was the case.

But I can also imagine the guy being like my mother. She complains about everything. She complains about the snow in the winter...where the heck are they supposed to put it if not in the corners...I tell her not to worry about it. She still complains.

But if the driveway was blocked..there is no reason for that to happen but he still should not have shot the truck.

same style trucks work on my street all the time. They never block a driveway. Now having said that I don't know if the worker was working on the line where he needed his truck in that position....but verizon has never blocked a driveway on my street and the poles distances vary but the one at the end of my driveway is 32 inches away. So close you need to be concerned backing out so you don't hit the pole. My guess, and it's just speculation....these workers were being a-holes. Doesn't condone what the guy did but probably there was no reason other than to aggravate the guy to park in front of the driveway if that was the case.

But I can also imagine the guy being like my mother. She complains about everything. She complains about the snow in the winter...where the heck are they supposed to put it if not in the corners...I tell her not to worry about it. She still complains.

But if the driveway was blocked..there is no reason for that to happen but he still should not have shot the truck.

Agreed... now this is a black eye for us. Another thing for all the Antis to jump on

Of all the people at Comcast the people who would be driving a truck/van are probably not the ones I would feel the need to hassle. Its the policy people and the sales script people that drive me up a wall.

The "scripted" tech people you get on the phone are idiots too. They could aspire to be Apple Geniuses at their rate.

guy deserves a ****ing medal.

[FONT=&quot]. “There’s a guy shooting out my tires. There’s a guy shooting out my tires,” the employee is heard telling police in cellphone video of the incident, followed by audio of air hissing out of the tires.[/FONT]

[rofl]

Last edited:
Agreed... now this is a black eye for us. Another thing for all the Antis to jump on

Not sure if serious.

It's Florida. (state is ****ing crazy at times, and everyone knows it)
Like one in four people probably have guns in Florida. Most of them are not insane like this guy.
Nobody got hurt
No toddlers got killed

Not going to "count" for shit. This is about 3 clicks up from that guy that got arrested down south for shooting his lawnmower that wouldn't start.

In mass this would be a "GUH BUH WUH roll out the bearcats!" type deal but in FL this is just some older man committing some tier-1 vandalism. This isn't "extra special cuz gun!" Also as far as I know they got him alive, without a gunfight.

-Mike

Last edited:
Not sure if serious.

Nobody got hurt
No toddlers got killed

Not going to "count" for shit.

In mass this would be a "GUH BUH WUH roll out the bearcats!" type deal but in FL this is just some older man committing some tier-1 vandalism. This isn't "extra special cuz gun!" Also as far as I know they got him alive, without a gunfight.

-Mike

When are we going to institute some commonsense Floridian control? There are 20+ million Floridians and the number is continually rising each year!

Not sure if serious.

Like one in four people probably have guns in Florida. Most of them are not insane like this guy.
Nobody got hurt
No toddlers got killed

Not going to "count" for shit. This is about 3 clicks up from that guy that got arrested down south for shooting his lawnmower that wouldn't start.

-Mike
americas-australia.jpg

Considering the guys clean record , I bet there's more to the story.
My bet is they acted like a couple of punk asses and got back way more than they were bargaining for.
Not a good move on his part to use the gun though, it just ups the charges to a whole new level.

I've got one of these in the shed. does a number on tires .
So I hear .[wink]

Last edited:
Dude's already out on bail. 18 rounds pumped into a truck in broad daylight. In MA, he'd already be sentenced.

I exaggerate, but only a little. He certainly wouldn't be out on bail here. Frankly, though I've occasionally felt like unloading on inanimate objects myself, I don't want to be anywhere near a man so reckless. Most of us have frontal lobes to prevent us from doing idiotic things like this.

More of these actions will start taking place if corporations are allowed to run rampant over individuals. The worst part about it is that we'll all just watch the person who goes ballistic go to prison and suffer the consequences without so much as batting an eye. Until we realize we could have just as well ended up in their shoes. Just wait until something happens to you. Then people start to care.

I'm only half serious. My post above sounds so "it's for the children" I almost puked after writing it. But seriously, everyone of us can understand the frustration of dealing with one of these "evil corps".

CY69ZRlW8AA4-Zn.jpg

More of these actions will start taking place if corporations are allowed to run rampant over individuals. The worst part about it is that we'll all just watch the person who goes ballistic go to prison and suffer the consequences without so much as batting an eye. Until we realize we could have just as well ended up in their shoes. Just wait until something happens to you. Then people start to care.

I doubt this is a case where AT&T stole like $10,000 from him. This sounds like a "get off my lawn" whacker type, and apparently from one report, this was not his first run in with them, either. I think the last time one of the trucks blocked his driveway or some bullshit like that.

I'm betting more along the lines of "I'll take "elevator does not go to the top" for $1000, Alex".

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom