• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi-Point Warranty, Great Support

Artie

NES Member
Just wanted to give a Bravo Zulu to Hi-Point Service/Support

Was cleaning my Hi-Point 995TS carbine and noted the firing pin was bent. Forced it out and successfully straightened it but figured I should buy a spare. Sent an email to Hi-Point and they got back to me in 1 day saying that it is covered under warranty and to call them. Just got off the 3 minute phone call and they state within 5 days I will have a new firing pin assembly. I deal with vendors and manufacturers daily and this is by far the best support I have ever had.

Savage has great CS too..

Dicks dropped the .22 my wife bought and refused to admit it, stating that it was our fault... the barrel was covered with rust and they wouldn't replace it. Wife called and they send a brand new stock + 10 round magazine for free just before Christmas

I am not impressed so far. I have a brand new 4595 magazine that split down the middle of the back. I called hi point and they said "huh, send it in, we'll take a look at it." On my dime for shipping.

I called Ruger for a bad magazine, they sent me a new one in two days and a prepaid label for the old one.

I have heard nothing but good things about Hi point customer service (also called MOM). Plenty of stories of guys who have some FTF problems on a beat up 3rd hand highpoint, sent it to MOM and get it back in a week or two cleaned and with an extra mag and working like new.

havnt had to use them yet myself... then again i have yet to actualy CLEAN one so far too...

I am not impressed so far. I have a brand new 4595 magazine that split down the middle of the back. I called hi point and they said "huh, send it in, we'll take a look at it." On my dime for shipping.

I called Ruger for a bad magazine, they sent me a new one in two days and a prepaid label for the old one.
I had Ruger give me the response that you received from Hi Point.

Same problem w/ my 1st gen 995. They sent me the assy. no questions and no charge. The new assy. has 2 springs one goes inside the other stacked on the pin.

Take a look at the under side of your bolt. At the grove the sear grabs the firing pin through. Check to make sure that it isn't chewed up. The grove on mine was a little hammered up. The edges of the track were kind of mashed. It was sending the pin just slightly off track causing it to bend. I cleaned up the area w/ a dremel and some sand paper. It made a huge difference.

Also don't yank on your charging handle too hard when you charge it. When you pull it back the pin sticks out of its' hole. If you pull too hard you can bend the pin that way too.

Back
Top Bottom