• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi Point making 10mm pistol

You guys can trash them and not buy them all you want. But you're not the demographic.
Thier demographic is lower income people that want a means to protect themselves. These aren't firearm enthusiasts. These are parents that can't afford more.
Also I give them points for having fun with themselves and making things ridiculous. Yeet cannon (while voted) was embraced by them.
Also they have a really great warranty and customer service by all accounts.
And before you say must own a hipoint. You are correct. I have 4. The carbines are fun. And I got a yeet cannon for the fun of it. Lol

You guys can trash them and not buy them all you want. But you're not the demographic.
Thier demographic is lower income people that want a means to protect themselves. These aren't firearm enthusiasts. These are parents that can't afford more.
Also I give them points for having fun with themselves and making things ridiculous. Yeet cannon (while voted) was embraced by them.
And before you say must own a hipoint. You are correct. I have 4. The carbines are fun. And I got a yeet cannon for the fun of it. Lol

The problem is poors aren’t buying 10mm. 🤣 this is a 110% skinflint gun.

Also at the bottom of the stack the guns are still oversized clunky shit. A Taurus G3 would crush them for not much more. I sold guns to lots of people who couldn’t afford much. They left with G2/3, used shields, bersas, etc, not shit-points. The value prop of their handguns is poor. hi point handguns literally shelf rot in a lot of places. The sales and retention rate of the carbines is much higher.

The problem is poors aren’t buying 10mm. 🤣 this is a 110% skinflint gun.

Also at the bottom of the stack the guns are still oversized clunky shit. A Taurus G3 would crush them for not much more. I sold guns to lots of people who couldn’t afford much. They left with G2/3, used shields, bersas, etc, not shit-points. The value prop of their handguns is poor. hi point handguns literally shelf rot in a lot of places. The sales and retention rate of the carbines is much higher.
I'm really into calling people poors. I like it alot just fyi.makes me laugh way too much.

It is a skinflint gun because of the caliber. That said, I gotta get one.
I was merely pointing out that it is better than nothing.

Wait till these 'lower income' people get a look at the 10mm ammo prices.

They need to hire an industrial designer to streamline them like 1940s liquor delivery trucks. The blocky design could easily be made into something which makes the poors elegant with an air of a bygone era.
iu

iu

f42df7d7d79c74418718cbdd133c4008.jpg

iu

iu

iu

🤣 this is a 110% skinflint gun.

tbh if i were at the range and you started shooting that next to me i would pack up and go somewhere else
As a proud skinflint who has wanted a 10mm, but would never use it enough to justify buying even a Glock 10mm, let alone a 1k+ P210 or 1911, this thing is excellent. 5” barrel, 50 oz weight, and I get the range to myself? Yes please!

The benefit of the 10mm Glocks is they are probably the best 10mm to shoot .40 in because it's been proven by many it works fine and so far I've not heard of major wear on the extractor that headspaces the .40 off it and even if there was and it required replacing more often a Glock extractor is a super easy and inexpensive part to get.

Had I known about that back when I got a Glock .40 and known that a few years later I'd start reloading, I wouldn't have bought a .40 Glock, I'd have gone 10mm.

I bought one. $210 out the door. The gun store owner said I cannot tell anyone I bought it there. His reputation would be ruined! [laugh]
The gun should be called "Foreigner", because like the band, it is terrible, but simultaneously awesome at the same time.

Fired 20 shots, its accurate at 10 yards. Will try longer distances soon. Comes with a spare ghost ring for the rear. . Trigger is like 10-12 lbs. Grip panel material is similar to talon grip tape texture, they do a pretty good job. I may have to carve some off near the top of the backstrap, as it was digging into my palm web when firing. Has a decent recoil impulse because all of the mass of the gun is in the slide, which is of course reciprocating, but the gun does not "sting" your hand when firing. Was using blazer brass 180 FMJ flat nose, blazer says 1200fps.

BTW, the ridicule I received at the gun shop and IDPA practice last night only confirmed I made the right choice.

The only real disappointment was that is has a mag disconnect, have to see if I can disable it.

Back
Top Bottom