Hi-Point having a social media sense of humor, help name their new gun

65166413_2193730330681927_3131631595211980800_n.jpg

It's making news lol

Internet “yeets” all over Ohio gun manufacturer’s pistol-naming contest

MANSFIELD, OH (WCMH) — A Mansfield-based gun manufacturer is crowdsourcing the name of its new nine-millimeter pistol, and the internet has responded.

Beginning earlier this month, Hi-Point Firearms urged social media followers to submit names for its new pistol, and the Yeet Cannon (YC-9) came out on top with 556 entries, according to the manufacturer’s Instagram page

Hi-Point's 'Name the Nine Contest' Takes Curious Turn as HK Weighs In

HI-POINT’S ‘NAME THE NINE CONTEST’ TAKES CURIOUS TURN AS HK WEIGHS IN
06/19/19 7:30 AM | by Chris Eger

When Ohio-based Hi-Point asked the internet to suggest a name for their new 9mm handgun, the Yeet Cannon fired and the Germans got in on the act. Hi-Point’s “Name the Nine” contest promised to give their fans a stake at naming their promised new handgun design. Initial name suggestions after a week of polling reportedly garnered 7,880 entries, with the most prolific, 556, being for Yeet Cannon or YC-9.

Yeet, a word that has crept into acceptance in the past few years, is generally employed as a multi-use exclamation. However, four days after announcing Yeet Cannon was topping polls, Hi-Point on Tuesday announced a final list of 10 proposed alpha-numeric names, none of which included the past crowd favorite. This sparked a backlash on the company’s social media page, with some 1,600 largely negative comments, many questioning the absence of Yeet.

My guess is that it came from the Oakland, CA area slang expression / call, "YEE!". Being from Boston, I first heard "yee" around 15 years ago listening to Bay Area music. I guess it finally made it's way into white america. Most of Gen Z wasn't even alive then.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgeoNN6ouEM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tccB0oT6sZo
at about 1:37

It's just an expression of excitement. An exclamation that one is at the peak of (typically) positive emotion to which there is little use for verbal expression other than to yell out a nonsensical word that encapsulates this emotion and expresses to everyone else what you are feeling. You can either yell out "yeet!" or you can be said to have "yeeted" in an act of impulsive, uncontrolled action conveying excitement.

While I don't use this word myself (about 20+ years too old for that), I can certainly understand the correlation between this concept and shooting guns.
I'm apparently old, what is a Yeet?

It's a wierd slang to essentially launch something at or into something. Like yeeting a grenade into a 3rd story window or making a half court shot in basketball. For maximum effect it must be yelled as it's launched and or thrown.

I have nipples greg... can you milk me

I had a female dog, spayed as a puppy. We acquired a kitten that was separated from mommy a little too soon and the pair developed into besties. Or would that beasties?

Anyway the kitten kept nursing the dog and after quite a while, her milk came in.

It worked for them, so yes, chances are if you two work at it long enough, it'll work.

Last edited:
I don't even like how much yeet is getting spammed, but I am dying at the way that Hi-point dared to wade into the sea of retards that is the internet and is surprised when the first step it took went 180° in the opposite direction they intended. All of which I say they instigated by offering things like the dolla' dolla' bill y'all hi-point.

Back
Top Bottom