Hi Point Carbine

Searched, and to my surprise found nothing...

I like the idea of a pistol caliber carbine as a fun, low recoil plinker and I've been considering a Hi Point 9mm. I understand its fugly, heavy, and roughly made. I've also read that it goes bang every time you pull the trigger and is chambered for an affordable round I already stock. Mags are cheap, which is a plus too. Seems to me that despite its flaws, it's got a lot going for it. I've read a bit on the Internet, but I believe in the experiences of the NES braintrust more than most other reviewers.

Is the hi point worth the $250? What kinds of experiences have you had with it?

I think it's a pain in the ass to take apart,but you don't have to do that much because it shoots fine even when dirty.B&K in NATICK has them in stock most of the time for short money.

I have no complaints with mine. I have around 1000 round through it and haven't had a single malfunction. It's a fun range toy and definitely worth the money.

The only problem I had, aside from almost cutting myself on the cheesy sheet metal on the magazines, was there was no easy
way to improve the trigger pull. Taking it apart is kind of ghastly once you see what's inside, but you don't need
to take it apart to enjoy it as it came from factory.

I have the 9mm with scope. Goes bang every time. You can jazz them up with accessories and stuff - Google and YouTube. Well worth $250. Cheap to shoot.

Go for it. You copuild always turn around and sell it down the road.

They're decent for what they are. The only high capacity magazine options are questionable, anyhow, but the 10 round mags work fine in them. They're a bit clunky, but the one I had was accurate and fed ammo reliably. For the money, you can't beat it for home defense. I would just practice changing out mags.

I even modified the one I had and cut the grip short to make it easier to pull mags out because they didn't always drop free.

HI-POINT FIREARMS by Strassell's Machine, Inc. has (in my opinion) an outstanding Customer Service and Tech Support department.
Parts and accessories seam to always be in stock and they have free standard shipping.
$250 for a new 995TS is definitely reasonable. They are selling for between $258-$326 new in my area depending on whether you go with a black or camo finish. There are some accessories you can easily trick it out with too. http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/products.php?cat=16
I have the 4595TS in black that I purchased used with a laser and compensator and I added a forward grip, the ProPac mag. holder w/(2) mags, and the tactical fabric rifle case.
I say go for it, have fun and shoot safe!

I have one. It's super accurate, and completely reliable...but though the recoil is nearly nonexistent, it still slaps the crap out of my cheekbone every time I fire it. I don't take it to the range much lol.

I have a Hipoint 40 carbine........ not the prettiest, or most accurate, or lightest.... but it goes bang every time and it's decent to shoot. Really a great little gun for the price

Fun rifle, no issues, got the 9mm, not the easiest to take apart. Once at the range a newbie said it looked "tactical."

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reading various reviews here and there looks like they took the glock motto to heart. And times it by a million. Ugly as hell check sights may be a bit not to your liking check. Will it shoot every single time check

I have a 9 and 45. Bought the 9 used, sent it back for an extractor problem and had the original "Planet of the Apes" stock replaced at the same time. They serviced the gun for free, replaced a couple of parts, sent it back. Wife loves it!

Traded my 40 for the 45 a few years back, only because I was consolidating calibers and no longer owned anything else in 40. The 45 shoots just fine:)

Never a lick of trouble with any of the three.

Hi-Point warranty is pretty much "You can't break it enough that we can't fix it, and if you do we'll just give you another" or words to that effect.

And who gives a "f" if it's not a $2000 custom AR? It's NOT a $2000 custom AR, nor does it pretend to be. I can hit "minute of man" at 50 yards with a red-dot, pretty much all I care about.

I have a 9 and 45. Bought the 9 used, sent it back for an extractor problem and had the original "Planet of the Apes" stock replaced at the same time. They serviced the gun for free, replaced a couple of parts, sent it back. Wife loves it!

Traded my 40 for the 45 a few years back, only because I was consolidating calibers and no longer owned anything else in 40. The 45 shoots just fine:)

Never a lick of trouble with any of the three.

Hi-Point warranty is pretty much "You can't break it enough that we can't fix it, and if you do we'll just give you another" or words to that effect.

And who gives a "f" if it's not a $2000 custom AR? It's NOT a $2000 custom AR, nor does it pretend to be. I can hit "minute of man" at 50 yards with a red-dot, pretty much all I care about.

Spot on, I actually took my vortex strikefire of my wasr-10/63 and my flashlight of my ar-15 and put it on the 9mm carbine. HD rifle, very light easily to fire with 1 hand

They're great when you take a new shooter to the range because it has low recoil and noise, as well as being fairly accurate out to 50M. It's cheap to feed, so your friend has a good full day at the range. I don't think you can go wrong for ~$250.

-JR

Ah, the 995. One of the few things on the planet uglier than a glock.

Who you calling ugly?

Jay

HIPointCarbineBea4_zps9f9e90c9.jpg

abag4_zpsb44edc9c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom