Hi point 9mm carbine

For $315 with a red dot, this is the second cheapest gun I own next to the mosin of course. Can't beat it.

So I was finally able to sneak out to the range late last night and just run a box of Winchester white box through it. I had 1 failure to feed on the 8 or 9th round and then it was flawless after that. Took just a couple mags to zero the red dot in at 120 yards which I was able to hit milk jugs at that distance pretty consistently which is impressive for 9mm. I guess my only complaint is, it probably has one of the worst triggers out of all the guns I own but for the short money I spent on it, I'm sure I'll get use to it with more rangetime. It was a lot of fun to shoot and I can already tell it's going to be a gun I take with me to the range quite often.

The trigger is kinda spongy. I agree.
however the more i shoot it the less i notice the trigger. It also softens a bit w shooting.
be sure to locktite your bolt handle. It will loosen.

The trigger is kinda spongy. I agree.
however the more i shoot it the less i notice the trigger. It also softens a bit w shooting.
be sure to locktite your bolt handle. It will loosen.

Oh good call. Yeah I was wondering if I would need to do something with that cheap screw bolt handle. The small handle/knob is quite loose and can move side to side about 1/4"-1/8". I'm assuming that's normal?

So I was finally able to sneak out to the range late last night and just run a box of Winchester white box through it. I had 1 failure to feed on the 8 or 9th round and then it was flawless after that. Took just a couple mags to zero the red dot in at 120 yards which I was able to hit milk jugs at that distance pretty consistently which is impressive for 9mm. I guess my only complaint is, it probably has one of the worst triggers out of all the guns I own but for the short money I spent on it, I'm sure I'll get use to it with more rangetime. It was a lot of fun to shoot and I can already tell it's going to be a gun I take with me to the range quite often.
Nice, and at 120 yrs for a 9mm. Good shooting tex

Oh good call. Yeah I was wondering if I would need to do something with that cheap screw bolt handle. The small handle/knob is quite loose and can move side to side about 1/4"-1/8". I'm assuming that's normal?

Yeah knob wobble ok. But the charging handle itself seems to loosen on many people...myself included.
degrease loctite problem solved.
some people have been hit in the face by it....ouch

the gun comes w a tool that fits over the charging handle to tighten/loosten

Yeah knob wobble ok. But the charging handle itself seems to loosen on many people...myself included.
degrease loctite problem solved.
some people have been hit in the face by it....ouch

the gun comes w a tool that fits over the charging handle to tighten/loosten

Oh that's what that little key tool thing is for. Good to know. Thanks.

I can definitely see why they're so cheap, the serial number on this is horrible. The FFL asked me to help read the number for her lol. Also the bolt handle is literally just a long screw with a rounded handle that slips over it. The handle isn't tight and rattles around but seems to function fine.

Are you talking about the bolt handle? That is meant to be loose so you can lock the bolt open without an empty mag. Pull the bolt back and push into the rounded hole.

Or I'm an idiot and misunderstood what you meant:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that little key is used for more than the bolt handle. You use it to break the entire rifle down easily.

Just picked up a used one last month. I've only shot it once so far, but both my son and I had fun with it. Their customer service is excellent! Mine didn't come with a rear sight or sling, I called them and they sent me new ones at no cost, even after I was very clear I bought it used and expected to have to pay.

Just picked up a used one last month. I've only shot it once so far, but both my son and I had fun with it. Their customer service is excellent! Mine didn't come with a rear sight or sling, I called them and they sent me new ones at no cost, even after I was very clear I bought it used and expected to have to pay.

their CS is amazing. they get so many repeat customers because of their CS....honestly every gun mfr could learn a thing or two from hi point.
the only people i've heard talk crap about hi point carbine are those who have never owned one.
the gun proves that you don't need fancy furniture to get the job done. it is beast!

plus the gun just looks ridiculous which adds to the cool factor.
it just needs a mini flux capacitor on the under-rail to achieve epic ridiculousness.

Are you talking about the bolt handle? That is meant to be loose so you can lock the bolt open without an empty mag. Pull the bolt back and push into the rounded hole.

Or I'm an idiot and misunderstood what you meant:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh the knob/handle slides into that hole. Haha I didn't even realize that. Thanks for the tip.

Easily? I chewed up my hands trying to break the damn thing down.

And that little key is used for more than the bolt handle. You use it to break the entire rifle down easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Will it work if I call and say it didn't come with any ammo?

the only people i've heard talk crap about hi point carbine are those who have never owned one.
the gun proves that you don't need fancy furniture to get the job done. it is beast!

I couldn't agree more. I owned a Hi Point pistol a couple of years ago. It cost me $85. I figured it would be a good beater. Well, I didn't enjoy shooting it so for even $85 it was no good for me. I sold it for $120 to a guy who still has it. The gun ran flawlessly the entire time I had it. It was surprisingly accurate with its fixed barrel. And the slide was so heavy that you could use it as a club if you run out of ammo. It was a tool in the truest sense of the word. A modern day hand held version of the Mosin Nagant.

Back
Top Bottom