• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi point 9mm carbine

Reliable, cheap, pain in the A to take apart, but supposedly cleaning is not needed :)
They have a great warranty and will replace any part no questions asked.
And the best part is they are ugly as sin.
I own one of the first gen's and they are fun!

I bought one at a gun show in Concord and it wouldn't shoot worth a damn. The firing pin was bent and I had to straighten it every ten rounds. I sent it back to the factory and they replaced everything but the receiver and the barrel for free. They even paid return shipping! When I opened the box I had to check the serial number to see if it was my old one. Not only did they completely rebuild it (FREE) they gave me an extra mag, new sling, every accessory that comes with a new rifle.

They are fun plinkers. I prefer my Marlin Camp 9 but I also paid twice as much for that. The triggers suck and it had some cheek slap but for a beater plinker you can't go wrong.

They are a lot of fun. I bought one before I got any ARs or AKs. I love the peep sights they cone with. I was able to hit soda cans with mine at 50 yards pretty consistently.

Like a dummy, I sold it after about a year, because I just wasn't using it much. It's one that i wish I had kept.

the .40 sure is a blast, good for 50-100yds and a hell of a lot cheaper then 5.56 ammo. only negative i have found so far is that the rails on the tactical stock arnt as secure of a fit as I wish and some things may have some wiggle to them

the only negative i have found so far is that the rails on the tactical stock arnt as secure of a fit as I wish and some things may have some wiggle to them

Hi-point uses a proprietary rail system. Lots of accessories will not fit properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I would rather own a Keltec sub2000

lighter, better magazine options. Just my opinion.

I have both. My KT uses Glock mags, plenty of hi-cap availability, but off brand mags tend to fit very loosely, some can be wiggled out without hitting the mag release. Factory Glock are not a problem. The Hi-points are limited to 10 rounders in MA and I have read that the aftermarket 15 rounders are garbage.

I think the HP is much more comfortable to shoot as the KT just has way too much cheek slap for me. And the KT was almost twice the price of the HP, both used.

Hi-point uses a proprietary rail system. Lots of accessories will not fit properly.

There are a few company's that make a aluminum picatinny rail for it cost about 50 and takes up the looseness. Makes a huge difference.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Last edited:
I would rather own a Keltec sub2000

lighter, better magazine options. Just my opinion.

This! Not to mention that the Sub2000 folds in half and will fit in a laptop case or backpack. Just that feature alone sold me. I actually had a deposit on a Hi point when I found out about the ability that the Keltec had of using preban hi cap mags, and folded to 16" and I got my deposit back and then went on a waiting list, because for the same money (back then), there was no contest.

I have both. My KT uses Glock mags, plenty of hi-cap availability, but off brand mags tend to fit very loosely, some can be wiggled out without hitting the mag release. Factory Glock are not a problem. The Hi-points are limited to 10 rounders in MA and I have read that the aftermarket 15 rounders are garbage.

I think the HP is much more comfortable to shoot as the KT just has way too much cheek slap for me. And the KT was almost twice the price of the HP, both used.

If you get the accessory buttstock adapter, it makes a HUGE difference in making the sub comfortable to shoot, and it is cheap right from Keltec. Not only that, but it doesn't change the length of it when folded. You can also buy cheap foam sleeves to make the cheekweld more comfortable, but I personally didn't try those yet

If you get the accessory buttstock adapter, it makes a HUGE difference in making the sub comfortable to shoot, and it is cheap right from Keltec. Not only that, but it doesn't change the length of it when folded. You can also buy cheap foam sleeves to make the cheekweld more comfortable, but I personally didn't try those yet

Yeah, a few options out there, just haven't had time to work on it. Also going to make a cheap swing-awY mount for a red dot. Will still fold and fit in my laptop case with scope attached.

This! Not to mention that the Sub2000 folds in half and will fit in a laptop case or backpack. Just that feature alone sold me. .....the ability that the Keltec had of using preban hi cap mags, and folded to 16"

That was the deciding factor for me. I can keep the gun folded with a 17 round mag in it, bolt open in the case. Pull gun out of case, unfold, hit bolt release and ready to go quick! Other mags are loaded in laptop case. Very subtle bob

I enjoy my Hi Point 995TS. Very reliable. Eats anything. Don't have to be nice to it. And every time I shoot it, I smile.[smile]

Here are some pic's /review of mine: Hi-Point 995TS Tactical Stock Carbine beemiller inc. hi-point firearms model 995 brass stacker compensator Barska biometric safe

I've had no issues finding accessories that fit perfectly on their rail system. Maybe I'm just lucky....

Oh, and the price can't be beat....

abag4_zpsb44edc9c.jpg

Last edited:
I was at Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack NH yesterday and they had a couple in stock for $289 (I think) yesterday.

They also had the 45 cal in stock....

I have a Highpoint C9 9mm, does the carbine take the same mag as the pistol?

I may just buy one if they do!

I was at Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack NH yesterday and they had a couple in stock for $289 (I think) yesterday.

They also had the 45 cal in stock....

I have a Highpoint C9 9mm, does the carbine take the same mag as the pistol?

I may just buy one if they do!

yes the do take the same mags. lots of haters on the pistols though, not on the approved lists in mass though so never even played with one myself

I've been thinking about getting one at some point as I try to buy multiple guns in the same caliber to help consolidate (22lr, 9mm, and 38/357 mag). I was looking at these 2 models:

http://grabagun.com/hi-point-9mm-carb-ts-w-pro-pack.html

http://grabagun.com/hi-point-firearms-mks-995ts4xrgb-9ts-9mm-w-rgb-scope.html

Anyone have experience with the one that comes with a 4x RGB scope? Is the scope decent quality and worth an extra $60 compared to the other model? Or is the factory peep sight good enough for 100 yard shooting? ^^And are these decent prices for these particular hi-points?

I should probably shoot one first. I shot a sub 2000 a friend of mine has, and the length of pull and aiming down the sights was just akward for me and it wasn't fun to shoot. But I'm somewhat tall with long arms so maybe that's why.

Fun rifles to shoot, ive had the 9mm, .40 and now have the .45. Entry level rifle, but super accurate up to 100 yards out of the box. If you have the cash i would suggest a JRC carbine or a Beretta storm
But if the $300 price point is what drew you to it, go for it, very fun, very reliable and as i said shockingly accurate for a $300 dollar rifle. Ive shot thousands of rounds between 3 different HIGH POINT rifles and not one FTF or FTE. Not the most comfortable to shoot, bit you gotta trade something for the value.

....Anyone have experience with the one that comes with a 4x RGB scope? Is the scope decent quality and worth an extra $60 compared to the other model? Or is the factory peep sight good enough for 100 yard shooting? ^^And are these decent prices for these particular hi-points?

I should probably shoot one first. I shot a sub 2000 a friend of mine has, and the length of pull and aiming down the sights was just akward for me and it wasn't fun to shoot. But I'm somewhat tall with long arms so maybe that's why.

The price for the HP w/pro-pack looks decent to me. I paid just a little less than that in Nov. '13 and it was just for the gun itself. I added my accessories separately. I kinda like the factory iron sights, but I really don't shoot much farther than 100 - 150 feet. No way could I see 100 yard targets with my eyes.... so some kind of scope would be needed. I've never used a scope on mine. Besides, for me, walking 100 yards to reset targets is a tiring.... [laugh] yea.... I'm kinda lazy

I've been thinking about getting one at some point as I try to buy multiple guns in the same caliber to help consolidate (22lr, 9mm, and 38/357 mag). I was looking at these 2 models:

http://grabagun.com/hi-point-9mm-carb-ts-w-pro-pack.html

http://grabagun.com/hi-point-firearms-mks-995ts4xrgb-9ts-9mm-w-rgb-scope.html

Anyone have experience with the one that comes with a 4x RGB scope? Is the scope decent quality and worth an extra $60 compared to the other model? Or is the factory peep sight good enough for 100 yard shooting? ^^And are these decent prices for these particular hi-points?

Just fyi, there is a factory buttstock extension that can be ordered direct from Keltec that not only increases the LOP, but also makes the buttstock WAY more comfortable to actually shoot, and maintains the same overall length when the gun is folded. It was one of my first mods, and made the gun way more pleasant to use since I also have gorilla arms.[wink]

Fun rifles to shoot, ive had the 9mm, .40 and now have the .45. Entry level rifle, but super accurate up to 100 yards out of the box. If you have the cash i would suggest a JRC carbine or a Beretta storm
But if the $300 price point is what drew you to it, go for it, very fun, very reliable and as i said shockingly accurate for a $300 dollar rifle. Ive shot thousands of rounds between 3 different HIGH POINT rifles and not one FTF or FTE. Not the most comfortable to shoot, bit you gotta trade something for the value.

Yeah this is my only concern. If it's anything like trying to shoot a sub 2000 then it's probably not for me. I'll have to find someone near me to test one out.

- - - Updated - - -

Just fyi, there is a factory buttstock extension that can be ordered direct from Keltec that not only increases the LOP, but also makes the buttstock WAY more comfortable to actually shoot, and maintains the same overall length when the gun is folded. It was one of my first mods, and made the gun way more pleasant to use since I also have gorilla arms.[wink]

Ahh I didn't know that. Good to know. Thanks.

I just picked up a used 995TS at The Gun Parlor in Worcester last week. For $200 how could I pass it up? It didn't come with the sling and sling swivels or a rear sight assembly. Called HP and they sent me out new ones for free. Can't beat that kind of customer service. Now I just need to find time to get to the range and try it out.

Back
Top Bottom