• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi from Blackstone, Ma

Hi, My name is Bill W and I'm excited to get back into shooting after 20+ years of no activity. Fortunately, I always maintained my License of Carry so I've had no problem making some recent shotgun purchases for Trap and Skeet Shooting. I was very pleased to see that there are several excellent Rod and Gun clubs in area whose members are most willing to help me better understand how to become a getter shooter. Finally, I never shot or have owned a hand gun so I took the basic handgun class from Jon at GOAL. The class was OUTSTANDING in all aspects and I'm now much better able to make an informed decision prior to buying my 1st revolver for shooting at a Rhode Island Club I hope to join. That's it for now I look forward to learning more about this great sport from fellow NEC members.

Welcome to the board Bill. As you look around for your first handgun, let me know what it is. I may have one, or one close to it, you can try and I'm right down the road from you in Uxbridge.

Hi to Uxbridge Neighbor and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi, Thanks to responding to my email. I just completed an excellent handgun intro course by GOAL and already have my MA Right to Carry Permit. I'd like to purchase my 1st pistol and thought a 22LR revolver might be a good choice especially since I'd like to introduce my 17y/o daughter to shooting. While it appears that revolvers (e.g., S&W Model 617) are more expensive than Semi's, Revolvers seem much simplier to use and clean. Questions: Can one easily mount a scope on a revolver? Do you agree that a 22LR revolver purchase for a beginner is better than buying a semi? Any additional comments are most welcomed!

Does anyone have one interested in selling?

I presume you're thinking of joining Manville, which is just down the road from you. It has a very good action pistol program, being a USPSA affiliate.

Back
Top Bottom