• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi cap mags

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have "hi cap" mags that are post ban and illegal...

If you destroy them - like in a vice or crush them with pliers - you will not likely be charged if you destroy them before being caught with them.

Says who? What case law defines this? Or not.

For all we know even taking the magazine apart might be enough, so that it does not hold ammunition.

None of this has ever really been fleshed out in court in MA.

Hell there are 10 round .40 S&W cripple mags for some pistols that will hold a few extra rounds of 9mm. Are those illegal too, or only when loaded with more than 10 rounds? [rofl]

This is why that entire portion of the AWB is stupid. Thankfully it would appear a ton of LEOs in MA believe this too, otherwise we'd be seeing regular AWB prosecution attempts every time someone got served with a 209A.

-Mike

If you bring a post- ban hi -cap magazine into MA it will blow up the moment it enters the state.

latest

Mr Owl, how many campaign contributions does it take to not get busted on the high capacity magazine law in MA?
Is illegal to grind the dates off my magazines leaving a "witness hole" on the side?
who is to say that is not a factory hole?
What if I get aftermarket baseplates for my magazines that have no manufacturers name off it entirely, making impossible for any procecution witness to identify my magazine's manufacturer and whether or not that was a ground away date stamp or a factory witness hole?
What if I take everything out of the magazine and just have a post-ban dated magazine housing? Is that illegal. Does the law define that? It is no longer a feeding device, it's a metal box.
What if I repaint them with truck bedliner making the date stamp unreadable? Is that similar to destroying a serial number on a gun?
What if I bought them that way?
These are the hard hitting questions we need to be asking.

Hope you're all getting the sarcasm. I'm dumping it on pretty thick. We all know if you look at a post ban hi cap in MA you will turn to stone.

Last edited:
Mr Owl, how many campaign contributions does it take to not get busted on the high capacity magazine law in MA?
Is illegal to grind the dates off my magazines leaving a "witness hole" on the side?
who is to say that is not a factory hole?
What if I get aftermarket baseplates for my magazines that have no manufacturers name off it entirely, making impossible for any procecution witness to identify my magazine's manufacturer and whether or not that was a ground away date stamp or a factory witness hole?
What if I take everything out of the magazine and just have a post-ban dated magazine housing? Is that illegal. Does the law define that? It is no longer a feeding device, it's a metal box.
What if I repaint them with truck bedliner making the date stamp unreadable? Is that similar to destroying a serial number on a gun?
What if I bought them that way?
These are the hard hitting questions we need to be asking.

Hope you're all getting the sarcasm. I'm dumping it on pretty thick. We all know if you look at a post ban hi cap in MA you will turn to stone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom