• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi cap mags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. Hi cap mags that are not pre ban, is it illegal to possess in Mass?

Last edited:
I believe you are correct.

I'll leave it at that.

ETA: well, this post makes no sense now. I'll just bow out.

Last edited:
You should report your friend to the police like a good comrade.It's your duty for the mother State of MA.

The law doesn't address mag blocks. I'm sure the state would gladly have their cake and eat it too, arguing that adding a +1 basepad to a 10-rounder constitutes manufacture of a post-ban hi-cap, but epoxying a block onto a post-ban hi-cap does not make it into a compliant 10-round mag. He should just do what he wants and not get caught.

Throw the mag-blocks away. Stuff the cavity with enough NH fireworks to reduce capacity to 10rds.

I mean, if you're going to go, go big, right??? Attach a pair of nunchucks, removable ninja-stars and a double-edge knife to the accessory rail.

I cannot stand a 15 round magazine and 1/3 of it is dead air. I think 2 liter soda bottles should only be filled halfway.[bs1]

Not really better. You are literally asking if it's legal to possess items that have been made illegal. Think about that one... [laugh]

So, this sounds similar to the laws of Algebra. If two negatives equal a positive or you understand George Bush's fuzzy math, then I see no problem owning post ban high cap mags in MA and listening to bad advice.

I'm still waiting on evidence regarding what the telltale features of a "post-ban" mag might be....are they a different color? Do they smell different?

They cause more gun deaths. So you'll be able to spot them pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting on evidence regarding what the telltale features of a "post-ban" mag might be....are they a different color? Do they smell different?
I think it's safe to say if you come across a PMAG, it's post-ban, considering the company wasn't founded until 1999.
Or considering S&W M&P was released in 2005, I think you'll have a hard time finding a preban one of those...

There's undoubtedly gray areas, but there are also not-so-gray areas...

I think it's safe to say if you come across a PMAG, it's post-ban, considering the company wasn't founded until 1999.
Or considering S&W M&P was released in 2005, I think you'll have a hard time finding a preban one of those...

There's undoubtedly gray areas, but there are also not-so-gray areas...

Guess a pmag could always be a 10-round .458 SOCOM mag, but I'm not sure I'd take that risk if I didn't both own a .458 upper and the mags that were factory-labeled for that specific ammo.

If you have "hi cap" mags that are post ban and illegal...

If you destroy them - like in a vice or crush them with pliers - you will not likely be charged if you destroy them before being caught with them.

Guess a pmag could always be a 10-round .458 SOCOM mag, but I'm not sure I'd take that risk if I didn't both own a .458 upper and the mags that were factory-labeled for that specific ammo.

That's actually an interesting point...

also true for my 50 beowulf

Guess a pmag could always be a 10-round .458 SOCOM mag,

It's not illegal to own a magazine to a firearm you don't 'own yet'....I tend to get mags for guns I 'intend' on buying eventually....I bought Browning Hi Power High-cap magazines in the early 1990s, and just got-around to getting the pistol within the past eight months.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom