• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HF and Echolink

I was curious if anyone has ever tried using Echolink with HF.

Why you ask?

Well, I have a couple HF nets that I'd like to do during the day and the remote apps I've tried all seem to work on Android only. Remote Hams is the one I have installed on my HAM PC at home, but I have an iPhone and don't plan on switching to Android just for that reason.

Echolink is on both iOS and Android...so I figured that would be a great solution. Sadly, it seems Echolink was really designed for FM work give that it disables the client XMIT button whe a carrier is detected. Well, since the carrier is ALWAYS on in HF, this is defeating the point.

I saw an article on eHam about this and they suggested setting the squelch on the radio, Problem her is that you'd have to set it so that only the strongest signals open the squelch up. Not practical on HF.

Does anyone know if Echolink has an option to bypass the carrier detect or if there is a solution for iOS that I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom