• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hey NRA, This Seems Like a Really Big Deal

mikeyp

NES Member
I know the stuff with the marketing firm has been discussed in other threads, but I believe this is new info? And needed it's own thread(unless someone corrects me)

Hey NRA, This Seems Like a Really Big Deal - The Resurgent

As you probably know, the NRA is in a legal fight with is outside marketing firm, Ackerman-McQueen. The fight has escalated and gotten really nasty. There are lots of accusations flying, document leaks, etc.

I thought I had recognized the name of the NRA’s outside counsel on this, which is where the friend comes in. Should we be concerned that the NRA’s lawyer has donated to a slate of anti-gun Democrats?

William Brewer, the attorney for the NRA, donated to Beto O’Rourke, Ted Strickland, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Dick Durbin, and other Democrats. See here and here.

On top of that, check out this reporting by Stephen Gutowski. It is a pretty comprehensive story about what’s going on behind the scenes and includes this amazing nugget about Brewer.

Ackerman was reportedly responsible for not only creating and running NRATV but also developing its most iconic commercials and messaging. Top executives Angus and Revan McQueen are Brewer’s father-in-law and brother-in-law, respectively.

So, just so we are clear, the NRA’s top outside lawyer is the son-in-law and brother-in-law of the top executives of the company the NRA is fighting and the guy is also a huge donor to anti-gun Democrats. What the hell is going on? This just sounds so incestuously corrupt.

The NRA has squandered its reputation and abdicated its responsibilities to gun owners and now this. Unreal.

6A7A7156-42BD-424C-9F1B-C6E29137967D.jpeg

“Not wanting to question anybody in todays uber sensitive society, the worst platoon in the US Army always knew something was off with their Platoon Sgt.”

would love to see him wear those here for the PC police.

Well, the obvious hatred of Israel would be accepted and protected by the libs these days, that’s a given, and sadly, a large portion of the rich liberals in the northeast are Jews themselves. I’ll never understand that one.

I don't regret sending $100's to the NRA before Trump got elected.
I think it was the NRA who got Trump elected - and got us new SCOTUS Judges.

Now, I plan on supporting GOAL and Comm2A more.

I also want to join GOA and SAF.

I wonder if AR15.com and Brownells will become a new organization?

Young AR owners need to replace all the old Fudds in the NRA.

If none of that works lots of people will keep the trees watered.

It's time for the directors on the NRA board to grow a set, defenestrate LaPierre and his cronies, and clean the place up. Quick, decisive, public action by the board will demonstrate that the NRA has returned to its professed values and restore its reputation in preparation for the terrible battles ahead.

Every director who waits even a day to take action has failed the members and undermined the mission of the NRA.

Would like to see them regroup and reform as a smaller, more nimble and more aggressive lobbying operation. They need to get younger, get modern, and get rid of the old guard. Maybe hiring a new marketing agency while they're at it. The organization has been under heavy attack for years now but they're still lumbering around like a tired old hippo with 6 lions hanging off them by their teeth and claws. Time to shake things up in a big way.

Consider the case that Cox, Loesch, Noir raise funds to create an alternate NRA. They expand to include their teams and pick up with the lobbying work and everything that we need from the 'NRA'. Jettison LaPierre, bring back Clint & Ollie and see a new era for advocacy of 2A. Leave Wayne and cronies/fudds in the ditch on the side of the road trying to keep up with the new generation of gun owners and what is important to them. Back stronger and more effective than ever!

The BOD at NRA will never be fixed and this is why it will implode. They have WAY too many BOD members. It should be 6-12. They have something like 70?

The NRA's problems here are almost entirely apolitical and are unforced errors on the part of the leadership. This could have happened to any large organization with enough funds to invite unethical leadership. The amount of self-enrichment and conflicts of interest occurring at the highest levels of the NRA is astounding. Whether or not the NRA's lawyer has made political contributions to anti-gun pols is small potatoes compared to the incestuous cabal of grifters at the helm of such a large and well funded org.

Silver lining, won't have to suffer any more nutso videos from NRATV featuring Dana Loesch.

And now the #2 guy at the NRA, Chris Cox, has resigned. I haven't been to up on the goings on and kerfuffle recently, but from what I gather Cox was trying to get Wayne out and it didn't happen. So now that Cox is gone (not that he would have been that much better to replace Wayne) the NRA is now gonna be Wayne's World.

Just waiting to see the mass exodus of members from this shit show organization.

Funny, while reading this thread just now I got an email of a statement from LaPierre re "The messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment....blah blah blah...significant change in our communication strategy"
Fairly long statement, he likes to hear himself ramble

Funny, while reading this thread just now I got an email of a statement from LaPierre re "The messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment....blah blah blah...significant change in our communication strategy"
Fairly long statement, he likes to hear himself ramble

Wayne in denial. Captain of the ship still thinks it's unsinkable. The rats will begin exiting as all confidence is lost.

img_5962-jpg.2671

The BOD at NRA will never be fixed and this is why it will implode. They have WAY too many BOD members. It should be 6-12. They have something like 70?
It’s like playing a card game with an extra set of your suit in the deck. Real hard to lose...

Consider the case that Cox, Loesch, Noir raise funds to create an alternate NRA. They expand to include their teams and pick up with the lobbying work and everything that we need from the 'NRA'. Jettison LaPierre, bring back Clint & Ollie and see a new era for advocacy of 2A. Leave Wayne and cronies/fudds in the ditch on the side of the road trying to keep up with the new generation of gun owners and what is important to them. Back stronger and more effective than ever!

Keep in mind that Cox it a proponent of red flag laws.
The only side he's on is his own.

Just like the legend of the Phoenix, the current NRA must burn down to the ground and be completely destroyed. Only then can a new, better and stronger NRA rise from the ashes.
yep, but gotta happen fast, we need lobbyists in washington. don't know what's happening on that front.

Sometimes the best thing for an organization is a little struggle to get what's wrong fixed.
I hope they get back on track with the right people and sincerely operate as they were originally formed to do.
The NRA has done many great things for it's members and non members benefits.
When they get back to their core beliefs, the donations will come and they will once again be an effective organization.

Let's face it the NRA is the leading 2nd amendment organization in the United States.
It would be a huge win for the anti's to see it dissolved.
The NRA supports many organizations and legal fights.
Not all are published for reasons of their own.

They say if your going to get in a fight, to bring lots of friends.
We need as many friends in this fight as possible.
Right now and has always been, they are our biggest friend.

Last edited:
Angus McQueen sounds like a bit-character from The Simpsons. Revan McQueen sounds like the bad-guy (gal?) in a FPS game.

As far as the article. . . . that was it??? Thank goodness Woodward & Bernstein didn't race to the presses the first second they caught wind of a problem at Watergate. I mean, DAMN. Flesh that thing out, Author-boy!

I still need a scorecard for all of this. This lawyer works for Wayne or Ollie??? That makes a big difference.

Not really much of a surprise. Behind closed doors, I'm sure the NRA'S worst nightmare is all three branches of the US government being hard core 2A supporters. Cant kill the job, right?

And now the #2 guy at the NRA, Chris Cox, has resigned. I haven't been to up on the goings on and kerfuffle recently, but from what I gather Cox was trying to get Wayne out and it didn't happen. So now that Cox is gone (not that he would have been that much better to replace Wayne) the NRA is now gonna be Wayne's World.

Just waiting to see the mass exodus of members from this shit show organization.

Some news outlets are already reporting that Cox was allegedly trying to somehow extort Wayne out, but that is still more on a level of hearsay at the moment without any specifics, so who knows if that's accurate.

Back
Top Bottom