• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hey guys

Hey everyone. Little background info, I did all my requirements years ago however never pursued getting my ltc. I live in Fall River ma and in October of 2013 I Finally put in my application. The captain that took my application said in about three months I would have my answer. I called last week and a detective told me by the end of February I should have an answer. I called the federal office number today after searching goal last night and got a update on my status from them, which was that my city had not put in my background check in yet or sent the paperwork to the state for approval. Is anyone else out there getting this reaction for new applications?

Hey everyone. Little background info, I did all my requirements years ago however never pursued getting my ltc. I live in Fall River ma and in October of 2013 I Finally put in my application. The captain that took my application said in about three months I would have my answer. I called last week and a detective told me by the end of February I should have an answer. I called the federal office number today after searching goal last night and got a update on my status from them, which was that my city had not put in my background check in yet or sent the paperwork to the state for approval. Is anyone else out there getting this reaction for new applications?

Typical delay tactics from LEOs who don't like people having guns. You are not alone.

Thanks everyone for replies. Just was wondering if it was common practice nowadays, seems so.

yup, it is.

every city/town is different and some have their own ****ed up litte rituals like letters of recommendation, in two confirmed incidents in leominster, they took pictures of my buddy's wife's tattoos, same for my girlfriend. it was like they were being booked into jail. total horse shit.

Most likely your local PD has submitted everything. The state will tell you it's "pending review by local PD" until your local PD gets all the background checks back. Still, the process is a joke.

yup, it is.

every city/town is different and some have their own ****ed up litte rituals like letters of recommendation, in two confirmed incidents in leominster, they took pictures of my buddy's wife's tattoos, same for my girlfriend. it was like they were being booked into jail. total horse shit.

What the actual ****?

What the actual ****?

This isn't new. The LTC application process isn't really much different than being booked as a criminal, we just go in a different database. The application form has a spot on it for tats and scars and so on, although the Leominster incident is the first I've heard of a PD actually taking pictures of them (for LTC purpouses) rather than just writing in a description.

-Mike

Yea when I went in fall river it was three letters of reference, two from people, one from me, application and fees. When I went in they asked me about my tattoos. I had put down no felonies and he asked me if I was ever arrested, when I was 14 I had a misdomenor (spelling ) and never charged or commited. He made me check that I did and write out explanation. Then I had to drive all the to western mass to get the court record before he would even think about submitting the app. Hoops on hoops on hoops.

Misdomeanor was for trespassing on school grounds after hours. Nothing crazy .

Last edited:
yup, it is.

Are you shtting me? What town took pics of tattoos?????????

This isn't new. The LTC application process isn't really much different than being booked as a criminal, we just go in a different database. The application form has a spot on it for tats and scars and so on, although the Leominster incident is the first I've heard of a PD actually taking pictures of them (for LTC purpouses) rather than just writing in a description.

-Mike

LTC holders and Sex Offenders, both treated alike. Your regular run of the mill criminal doesn't have to send letters to the COP when they move, just us and the pervs.

Last March 20th i turned in my Paperwork and was Finger Printed at my PD, April 30th was my Date of Issue. I live in a smaller Town. But the State Side Didn't really Take that long and it was LTC A with no restrictions. It took a few weeks before the PD called me. and a few more weeks before i could schedule time with the One Sargent that Issues the LTC's. But that was because of my schedule not his.

It takes long in MA. Call then up at the end of February and remind them what you were told. But it may take 6-7 months now. Just be patient and you will get it. In some towns they state on the paperwork that it will take 6 months. I do not suggest complaining or annoying anybody.

as I stated in a related thread: a relatives first time app in brockton on 10-11-13---ltc printed on 11-29 13

fall river is screwing around----call your city councilor----he/she may not care, but they will talk to you

it helps if your a registered voter and actually vote---this info is public record and they use this to send mailers & make phone calls at re-election time

in re: tats----app asks for complexion, hair & eye color, height & weight.---no distinguishing marks or tattoo questions

Last edited:
So I just figured I would give you guys a quick update on my application. I applied on October 8, 2013. It is now February 25 2014. I still have not received my license in hand, however I called the state number to check the status this morning and it has been PRINTED and ACCEPTED on February 18, 2013. So for my experience: it has been long and I had to jump through some hoops, but the end is very near. I will be calling the LO in Fall River today and post another update as soon as license in hand.

yup, it is.

What? I live in Leominster and I'm up for renewal this year. I never had a problem w/them nor encountered anything like that.

Glad you finally received it! Was it a restricted or unrestricted LTC?

Unrestricted LTC A. And yes I did have to call quite a few times but a lot of people I know have unrestricted and it took them a little while ( in Fall River). So I waited about 3 months then started calling politely every 2 weeks to inquire about status.

Last edited:
Unrestricted LTC A. And yes I did have to call quite a few times but a lot of people I know have unrestricted and it took them a little while ( in Fall River). So I waited about 3 months then started calling politely every 2 weeks to inquire about status.
Nice, Fall River has an epidemic of violent crime and they're dragging their feet issuing LTC's. There otta be a law, oh wait, we're in Ma.

Back
Top Bottom