• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Herr Reilly Strikes Again!

JonJ

NES Member
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2006/12/attorney_genera_2.html

Attorney general sues over 'lookalike' weapons

By Elizabeth Ratto, Globe correspondent

Attorney General Thomas F. Reilly filed suit today against six out-of-state online retailers and one Massachusetts store owner to stop sales of "look-alike" BB guns and air rifles to minors.

The lawsuit follows an undercover sting operation conducted by Reilly's office, which enlisted the help of a 16-year-old boy who was easily able to purchase the guns online.

Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. the Sports Authority, GSI Commerce Solutions, Airsoft Atlanta, Inc., as well as a Norwood store, Xtreme Action Paintball, have all agreed to pay penalties and amend their sales policies and procedures.

Reilly is seeking preliminary injunctions against Jungle Toy, LLC, and Tactical Innovations, to prevent them from making any sales to minors in Massachusetts, where the law prevents the sale of an air rifle or BB gun to anyone under 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're so available these days that just about any flea market and bargain bin catalog is selling them.
What a jackass! He'd have better luck bringing back prohibition.

Expect to see all the companies refusing outright any sales to MA (even if you have LTC and adult sig required)!

I feel so much safer now! [rolleyes]

Hey Reilly!
2up.gif

How does that line go?........ "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

"He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:"

This is how it started before..........and this is how it will start again.

You forgot:

"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance."

"For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:"

And let's say it again, clearly now:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

"Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury." (see today's article on CBS4 about our taxes - which you WON'T find on the Globe's site... I looked)

Here's a chilling thought, Thomas Reilly, Secretary of the Executive Office of Public Safety.

You'd be closer with his predecessor, Scotty-boy Harshbarger.

Note to the OP: The word you're attempting to use is "Herr;" not "heir." [rolleyes]

Can't these guys lawyer up against this douchebag to stall him until he
gets out of office? I realize frau coakley isnt wonderful, but
jesus h....

IMO reilly is a turd that cannot be flushed fast enough.

-Mike

I think I'll be headed to Dick's today simply to buy my underaged son any BB gun of his choice.

Then I will begin posting pictures of Kennedy, Reily, Coakley and Clinton (hiliary) for him to use as targets.

I tried to get the NRA interested in fighting the mail order ammo ban based on the concept that an FOB sale occurs at the point where the goods are transferred to the common carrier, not the location where the common carrier subsequently delivers the goods. The NRA paralegal was very thorough in both responses (the first simply restated MGL - I finally got my point about the FOB across on the second try).

The conclusion: The NRA confirmed a total lack of interest in supporting any action on the mail order bans of ammo.

Matt, I suggest you skip the Hitlery pictures. The USSS still protects here and takes a dim view of such "targets". You really don't want to bring unnecessary attention to yourself that way.

I'm glad he's keeping us all safe. I mean after all an airsoft gun is just so frigen dangerous. When I was 10 years old I was buying crossbows, swords, and all kinds of crap and I never killed anyone.

I do not understand the legal basis for going after a company that sells toy guns. [hmmm]

It's probably just as shady as the fraud he has admittedly committed with the consumer protection laws involving real guns. Reilly is a control freak who will stop at nothing to impose his will and belief systems on others. He does not deserve to be a public employee nor an elected official as he proven that he will abuse the power of his office at every opportunity.

I do not understand the legal basis for going after a company that sells toy guns. [hmmm]

The legal basis is "you will hire an attorney to represent you in a MA court, pay a $5000 out of court settlement, or face a default judgement because you did not offer a defense."

It's called extortion unless you have a license to practice law.

Back
Top Bottom