• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heritage .22LR Revolvers any good?

I have been interested in the trying to find a Heritage Revolver. The price looks nice and the youTube reviews I have seen are positive. It does not appear that they have distribution in any New England state. Does anyone have any first hand experience with these?

All I can tell you is they are everything you could expect from a sub 200$ revolver.
You basically shoot it until it starts spitting lead out of the cylinder gap then buy another

I've had one for about 15 years shoots very well took it in on a trade with money for motorcycle I no longer wanted, able 22 long rifle cylinder and a 22 magnum cylinder shoots very well I'm sure you can find one there somewhere
0a558098b7c0cde2c53bb158cff738c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I saw one in the case at Granite State Range a few days ago, IIRC it was silly cheap like $129.
I think it was new because it was in the case with the new guns, but I don't think it had both .22LR and .22 WMR cylinders.
Not sure if these are Mass compliant so you may not be able to get one anyway.

You are right just checked the list. Not on there so I wont be able to get it from a FFL. I am guessing at that price point it doesn't make sense for them to submit all the models for Massachusetts testing plus what ever fees they have to pay to Mass for the testing to be be done. Whatever the testing is. I would love to see that SOP.

I picked one up last fall. It was an impulse buy at the gun shop, I wasn't in the market for a gun at the time, but couldn't resist the price.

I have been having a lot of fun with the thing. I can't speak to it's longevity, but it is plenty accurate and it looks and feels really good.

I just got the 6" model without the 22 mag cylinder for $149. Definitely worth it if you can find one.

Apparently, these guns do not meet the test requirements for having a metals that melt under 900 degrees under 940 CMR 16.00.

16.04: Sale of Handguns Made From Inferior MaterialsIt shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to
transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any make and model of handgun
that:
( 1) has a frame, barrel, cylinder, slide or breechblock:
(a) composed of any metal having a melting point of less than 900°F,
(b) composed of any material having an ultimate tensile strength of!ess than 55,000 pounds
per square inch, or
(c) composed of any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5 grams per cubic
centimeter;

Bud's lisst them as not meeting the metal melting point laws in red font under the picture.

Heritage RR22B4 Rough Rider 6RD 22LR 4.75" Blued

*This model does not meet requirements for melting point laws

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...itage+RR22B4+Rough+Rider+6RD+22LR+4.75"+Blued

That melting point requirement is BS.
Why did they pick 900 degrees, because that's the melting point of brass ???
Seriously ???
So that eliminates zinc, which melts at 787 degrees.
This is so stupid because a gun that uses zinc for a part not subject to high pressures, such as a sight base or trigger guard, is non-compliant. But it's OK to sell handguns with plastic frames.
Also, if a gun was stored loaded and subjected to such heat, the ammo would cook-off long before 900 degrees anyway.

That melting point requirement is BS.
Why did they pick 900 degrees, because that's the melting point of brass ???
Seriously ???
So that eliminates zinc, which melts at 787 degrees.
This is so stupid because a gun that uses zinc for a part not subject to high pressures, such as a sight base or trigger guard, is non-compliant. But it's OK to sell handguns with plastic frames.
Also, if a gun was stored loaded and subjected to such heat, the ammo would cook-off long before 900 degrees anyway.

It's MA; isn't that why you moved to NH? [laugh]

I picked one up last fall. It was an impulse buy at the gun shop, I wasn't in the market for a gun at the time, but couldn't resist the price.

I have been having a lot of fun with the thing. I can't speak to it's longevity, but it is plenty accurate and it looks and feels really good.

I just got the 6" model without the 22 mag cylinder for $149. Definitely worth it if you can find one.

for 150, I think I need to pick one up too!! Where'd you find it? Do they have any more?

for 150, I think I need to pick one up too!! Where'd you find it? Do they have any more?

Collectable Arms (aka 619 DW Guns) in Merrimack, and they usually have one or two in the case. If not, I'm sure they can get more. He said he sells a ton of them.

Collectable Arms (aka 619 DW Guns) in Merrimack, and they usually have one or two in the case. If not, I'm sure they can get more. He said he sells a ton of them.

Is it as much fun as it looks like? I think I'll pick one up monday or tuesday (I assume they aren't open on Monday).

Is it as much fun as it looks like? I think I'll pick one up monday or tuesday (I assume they aren't open on Monday).

It is fun. I really had to learn to slow down my thinking from slapping in a mag and dumping 18-30 rounds, to loading and unloading one round at a time, and cocking the hammer for every shot. We have plate racks at my club, and it takes concentration to knock down six plates with six shots. I am still working on speeding up the transitions.

Collectable is closed on Monday. Good luck and enjoy it.

Damn, that looks really sweet for the price! I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Please report back if they have some and let them know to order some if not. I'll go grab on mid feb too

There were none on display, I asked and the guy wasn't sure at first, thought they had just sold the last one earlier, but the other guy said there were two more, so I lucked out. As of 2ish there is one left and they are ordering more, so call ahead!! Even if they were out I would have found a gun to buy there!!

It is fun. I really had to learn to slow down my thinking from slapping in a mag and dumping 18-30 rounds, to loading and unloading one round at a time, and cocking the hammer for every shot. We have plate racks at my club, and it takes concentration to knock down six plates with six shots. I am still working on speeding up the transitions.

Collectable is closed on Monday. Good luck and enjoy it.

Picked one up this afternoon and it exceeds my expectations for a gun that is 149 out the door. Another guy in the store commented that he has two and loves them, great for letting the kids use. This this is fun to shoot!! I've shot it a bit already and it's not in-accurate, not a tack driver, but it hits pretty consistently on cans and trees in the 30-40 yard range in my back yard, haven't tried any closer or longer (i'm on crutches so this was from the driveway, haha). I'm very happy with the purchase and this thing is going to get some use. If it breaks, oh well, go buy a new one. Surprised that it's actually made in USA!!

Last edited:
****!! lol that's not good.
$149!?

yes! And it's not a toy! it only comes with 22lr cylinder, which is fine for me. Box contains coupon for 22mag cylinder for 29 bucks or so, but I don't think I'd ever use it anyways, as I don't own other 22mag firearms (yet) and I don't see that ammo around that frequently anyways.

yes! And it's not a toy! it only comes with 22lr cylinder, which is fine for me. Box contains coupon for 22mag cylinder for 29 bucks or so, but I don't think I'd ever use it anyways, as I don't own other 22mag firearms (yet) and I don't see that ammo around that frequently anyways.

Not sure if I'd even want a cylinder that wasn't factory machined, fitted and timed to the specific frame when the gun was manufactured.
Years ago I had a Ruger Single Six convertible with both cylinders, I only used the .22WMR wheel a few times, it really wasn't all that accurate with the mags. Also the cost of the WMR's was silly because I can reload and shoot .38's or 9mm's for the same money.

Found this thread while searching for opinions on the Heritage RR .22 revolver. In case anyone is interested in these, Gallery of Guns has them for $140. I think I'll be picking one up.

Two years later and they're still $149.
PSA recently had a few plowhandle type variants for as low as $119 with free shipping.
I was on the fence about buying one for a long time, then they came out with their new Birdshead convertible model with black pearl grips, and I jumped on the deal ($149 w/free shipping).

62411-DEFAULT-L.jpg

I picked it up yesterday from my friendly fellow NES'er FFL. I haven't shot it yet, but so far I'm impressed with the quality. I didn't know it had a manual hammer block safety, I actually like this feature, and it's unobtrusive too. The gun is about the same petite proportions as a Ruger Bearcat (for 1/3 the price), and the birdshead grip fits my hand very nicely. I've always liked the look of the birdshead grip frame, but they never fit my hand right. I had a case hardened Ruger birdshead Blackhawk, 4 1/2" in .45LC, beautiful gun, but weighed a ton and was way too chunky for me to grasp properly. I sold that to a fellow NES'er with bigger hands.

Funny, my son who loves in a free state, just picked up the 6” model with 2 cylinders
Last week.

New for $150, he said it’s a ton of fun ,the pistol works great.

Two years later and they're still $149.
PSA recently had a few plowhandle type variants for as low as $119 with free shipping.
I was on the fence about buying one for a long time, then they came out with their new Birdshead convertible model with black pearl grips, and I jumped on the deal ($149 w/free shipping).

62411-DEFAULT-L.jpg

I picked it up yesterday from my friendly fellow NES'er FFL. I haven't shot it yet, but so far I'm impressed with the quality. I didn't know it had a manual hammer block safety, I actually like this feature, and it's unobtrusive too. The gun is about the same petite proportions as a Ruger Bearcat (for 1/3 the price), and the birdshead grip fits my hand very nicely. I've always liked the look of the birdshead grip frame, but they never fit my hand right. I had a case hardened Ruger birdshead Blackhawk, 4 1/2" in .45LC, beautiful gun, but weighed a ton and was way too chunky for me to grasp properly. I sold that to a fellow NES'er with bigger hands.
Never understood why they put a safety on a sa revolver.....if they got rid of the useless safety they could sell em for $99.99 lol

Back
Top Bottom